Immorternity - Chapter 25: Shopping

1 Conversation

Chapter 25 - Shopping

On their way to the Old Bond Street couture shops it was decided to take the next daily dose of green stuff, just in case it would throw off the dimensions of Ava and Eddy once more, rendering any shopping result unusable. As they had already left the Park into Piccadilly, they took some cover under the arches of the Ritz, Wolfgang scaring off anyone who appeared to be too interested.


No major changes appeared to happen. Except for the bright glittery sheen on their skin once they came back into the sunlight as they crossed the street and a slight glaze over their irises. Nothing long sleeves, a pulled-up collar and big sunglasses couldn't cover. The reddening of Ava's hair was no problem (even though it was more like a toned-down fire-truck red than anything natural, this was London and weirder colours could be spotted all around).

New looks


Armed with nothing more than an unregistered government credit card, they entered the domain of haut couture, jewellery, watches and bespoke shoes. Old Bond Street turned into New Bond Street. Eddy kept asking where James lived and when they would get to the arms dealers. The lingerie store caused more embarrassment to Ava than to Eddy, probably because it was only four years since he had had an intimate relation with those specific parts of Mom. They decided that they had had enough once they got to the brides' dresses area. Eddy was covered in bags from all the major and some of the more obscure boutiques, a huge toy giraffe and wearing several expensive watches on each wrist, but unable to look at them just now. Not that it mattered: learning to read the clocks was still on his to do list.


At this point the Prime Minister called George in order to get one of the government limos to pick them up at Hanover Square Park, adding a side order of fast food and raw steak for lunch on-the-go. They were going home.


After enjoying the half-hour of afternoon sunlight on a bench in the park, the transport was announced by the sound of their police escort. One limo, two black range rovers and several police motorcycles rounded the corner and came to a full stop right in the middle of the street.
George tried to help them into the limo, but needed four trips to get all the bags that Eddy had carried into the cars.


Ten minutes later, they were on their way, happily munching the fries, nuggets and burgers and Wolfgang his raw steak. Eddy had some raw steak as well, because he was still hungry after the rest of the food had gone.


When all the blood had been wiped off Eddy's face, Caoilinn made a start on teaching him some essentials like clocks, shoelaces, personal hygiene and tying a tie. Then she started preparing Ava for some of the expected feminine discomforts that came with the age, which Mom or Dad had so far failed to discuss.


When they closed in on Oxford some eighty minutes later, one of the black Range Rovers sped forward for reconnaissance.

Post Novella Project 2022/2023 Archive

Caiman Raptor Elk

08.05.23 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A88027220

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more