A Conversation for The 'Flint' Film Series

Peer Review: A88025718 - The 'Flint' Film Series

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: The 'Flint' Film Series - A88025718
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

This had been recommended but had not made it to the front page yet. This is the 'as left peer review, pre-subbing' version.

<BB<


A88025718 - The 'Flint' Film Series

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok Still as funny as when I first read it smiley - laugh

A couple of paragraphs that don't flow as well as others:

"For example in the bar room brawl, someone falls dramatically backwards seconds after they are bumped into by 0008, and not when. People step through glass doors only for the glass to have disappeared. After a character makes a point of adding a silencer to a gun, it is fired loudly in a restaurant to get the patrons' attention."

" and not when" - this wasn't easy to visualise on first reading. I now see the person falls backwards some time after being bumped into, rather than at the time of the impact.

"People step through glass doors only for the glass to have disappeared."- what does 'step through glass doors' mean? smiley - bigeyes

"fired loudly" - the silencer was added and then taken off again before the gun was fired? I know that silencers don't silence guns, but I don't know exactly what volume reduction they are able to produce - if the silencer was on, could the gunshot be still considered loud in an enclosed space?

"Cramden is a bit puzzled and seeks his help. Cramden was playing golf with the American President when two women with hats on (and thus completely indistinguishable from young boys) while accompanied by a double of the President (who was also wearing a hat as an impenetrable disguise) approached and drugged and kidnapped the real president, with Cramden also unconscious because of the drug and unaware of the switch. Cramden is puzzled because he was timing the president's golf swing at the time and noticed that it took him over three minutes to do something that appeared to take seconds."

Would it be clearer to start with why Cramden is puzzled, then explain about the women with hats on?

Could you give an example or two of Coburn as a film star in his own right?

"seduce the men around them, even those had never previously met." - something missing here?

"Darryl F Zannuck"- Zanuck

"impossible to make" - I think this might need a bit more explanation. Possible to make, but wouldn't be approved because other plots (plots) are available?

smiley - ok Look forward to seeing this restored to the Edited Guide smiley - ok


A88025718 - The 'Flint' Film Series

Post 3

Bluebottle

Thanks for the suggestions there, I've made some changes to hopefully clarify things.

The biggest confusion seems to be over the mistakes in the film:

With the glass doors, the doors are supposed to have large glass panels inside a frame, only there are several occasions when there isn't actually any glass there. So people wanting to open a door put their hands through where there is supposed to be the door's glass to open it from the side furthest from them, when the door is open the noises on the other side, such as music, gets louder, and then is quieter again when the door is shut. And then sometimes people step right through where the glass in the door is supposed to be, but isn't.

The silencer has no effect whatsoever, no reduction in volume at all. The loudest gun noise in the entire film happens after the villain has made a point of putting a silencer on before aiming to silently commit murder. So a silencer is added by the villain to a gun, Flint fights the villain and fires the gun as loudly as possible into the ceiling to get everyone in a restaurant's attention so they run away and their lives are saved. This is the complete opposite aim of a silencer. No 'ffft' noise, just full volume BANG! BANG! BANG!

<BB<


A88025718 - The 'Flint' Film Series

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

That is funny about the glass doors - I was thinking they were chosen for dramatic effect, so people could smash through them during fights, but not if the glass keeps being taken away before people go through smiley - laugh


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The 'Flint' Film Series

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more