The h2g2 Post 08.02.21

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 8th February 2021

Flying Around

The blue tit that almost got away, by Superfrenchie. When the snow is flying around outside, our thoughts take wings.

Lots of people have been watching the winged wonders of our planet. On different land masses, no less. They share their findings this week. Superfrenchie just managed to catch that blue tit as it flew out of frame. Others hid in the reeds, or tried to pretend they were other birds. But our avian detectives found them out.

Also, we have thoughts. Some of them, I have been advised, are not cheery thoughts. Some are gloomy, others are snarky. Take them as you find them. I will not promise you mindless optimism, but I will promise you food for thought in these pages.

Here's a rundown of some of the things you'll find this week:

    A weird notice that says, Dead Men Tell No Tales.
  • Stories, spooky and otherwise. There's even a gloomy country song and a bit of political nonsense ripped from the headlines and ripped off the Bard of Avon. Enjoy if you can. Complain if you must.
  • The usual humour, graphic stories, and features.
  • English birds and French birds, properly labelled, and a bird from Willem and a conspicuous lack of birds from Russia. Over in America, I watch something else fly.
  • A meme, because.
  • The usual weirdness.


We'll be back next week with more Stuff. (Send more Stuff!) Keep warm, stay safe, and remember: not everyone sees the same view you do. That's why we appreciate photos!


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: Human brains are getting smaller over time.

QI (on Twitter)


We can tell.

Post Editor (also on Twitter)


Create February 2021 by Freewayriding
February 2021 Create Challenge:
Memories Come in All Shapes and Sizes


Video Extra: Collide-o-Scope


THINGS THAT FLY (I)
Sooty Tern

Sooty Tern by Willem


THINKS

THINGS THAT FLY (II)

A Ball

The beginning of the Super Bowl: a 'collegian' kicking a football on the cover of an old magazine.

LANDSCAPE-ING



Those Mittens
Bernie Sanders on the Moon with Mittens, by DG.

SUNDRIES
Storytime


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88012875

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more