The h2g2 Post: 27.04.20

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 27th April 2020

Weird, and Occasionally Wonderful

Moon by DG
Sitting in a tree,
The moon was seen.


Deliberately misplaced modifier in an old English textbook (1960s)

No, the Post Editor wasn't sitting in the tree. Nor was the moon. But the last supermoon was so spectacular, we took out the video camera and went to record the miracle. You can see that video this week, along with Good Friday's completely unnecessary snowfall (it wasn't the last, friends, oh no, indeed), and an even more arctic video by Phred Firecloud. Phred's is utterly amazing, involving as it does him and Mrs Phred kayaking among the icebergs up north. Not, needless to say, at this very moment, but at a felicitous past time in which we were not all hunkered down dodging virus vectors and misinformation.


You will get no misinformation from us, at least not about scientific or medical facts. Whether our philosophy is as sound is open to question. There are two book discussions in this issue. Also, I make some dodgy claims about reality in my writing column, but you're used to that.
Moonrise by DG
We really have gone quirky this week. Factoid Fred makes climate observations, using Scotland as a visual aid. We have two quizzes: one involves guest film reviewers from Amazon. Awix is back, of course, with films he watched at home. Amy's cat's gone spooky, and Paige is redecorating the neighbourhood with found art. The Loch Ness Monster has been sighted on land, and Freewayriding's tulips turned black, though still beautiful. Cactuscafé is finding the bananas on her balcony photogenic, and Tavaron is taking health advice from the kids' toys. In short, the world's a madhouse, even without the cartoons adding to it.

In other words, in a topsy-turvy world, we just lean into the wind and ride out the madness, hoping to leaven the mix with humour and goodwill. Please treat one another kindly. Start friendly discussion. Send me more Stuff. I'm enjoying it. And have a blessed, cheerful, and above all safe week out there, friends!


Quote of the Week:
For a couple of years, for my sister and me, our Lent effort has been not having fast food. I can safely say that lockdown has really helped, this year.

Superfrenchie



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com



Socially Disancing Stuffed Animals by Tavaron
Mr Squirrel and Miss Bunny say:
Be Polite!
Socially Distance!



Create May 2020 by Freewayriding
May Create Challenge:
If I Could
Share Your Thoughts


Dmitri Gheorgheni

NATURAL WONDER-ING
Tulip Colour

Tulips by FWR

IN REVIEW


VARIEGATED


Buds

Buds by DG


UNUSUAL, NOT, ER, USUAL




Lasercat
Cat with Laser Eyes by Amy P
BOOKS'N'THINGS
FUN STUFF


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87969253

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more