A Conversation for Career Curiosities - Episode 27 - The Tale of the Three Envelopes Part 3

business opportunity

Post 1

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

I suppose you could make lots of money selling those management envelopes on a large scale. Maybe even have different lines with the pricing corresponding to the management value. You could probably have some management institutions sponsor you into creating high job rotation, maybe even supply some of the advice...


business opportunity

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laughsmiley - ok

"You could probably have some management institutions sponsor you into creating high job rotation"

I must admit, I do suspect there are some people who are employed to do just that... I've seen it happen rather a lot of times, that someone is parachuted in, everyone else can't cope so they leave and then the parachuted person also leaves, so the department either closes or is a completely blank canvas...


business opportunity

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

That or the more general managerial evolutionary cycle of 4-5 years.

Year 1: Clean up mess of predecessor by the book (which is usually not the same book as that of the predecessor). Change from vertical to horizontal or matrix organisation.
Year 2-3: The organisation has adapted as best as it could.
Year 4-5: things get out of hand in order to prepare for the next cycle. Manager moves to another department / company to do it all over again.

After a few cycles you end up with someone with a book you already had before and start off at square one.

I wonder if this knowledge is shared on MBA courses and done on purpose or if it is just common knowledge for people working long enough to spot it.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Career Curiosities - Episode 27 - The Tale of the Three Envelopes Part 3

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more