A Conversation for Day of the Unread

Maria

Post 1

minorvogonpoet

I sometimes feel I don't quite understand your stories. smiley - erm

But, on this occasion, I feel I'm Maria! And I'm on my fourth version smiley - groan


Maria

Post 2

FWR

Hi, MVP, thanks for trying to read!

There is, quite possibly, nothing to understand! Just words, jumbled ideas and a pretty picture to keep me amused when I can't sleep.

Take this one - half three in the morning, re-reading a 'proper' story I'm trying to write, you know, one with a beginning, a middle bit and an ending?

Dodging a bit of research by opening emails and idly surfing. Writing Right coupled with a particularly savage editorial mauling, travel plans against a ticking clock.

Then some prat crashes a 4x4 into a bin lorry ten feet away, help given, offers of thanks, "anything I can do for you, just ask", scenario.

"Don't suppose you know anything about French cave paintings?" Blank stares.

So what if there was an easier way? A cheat code? Some way you could actually be present, anywhere, any when, to research a story?

What if the most successful authors have discovered this cheat?

Imagine some all-powerful mystical Editor, giving you the means to write a truly good work and all they ask is for you to send them a copy?

Nah, that's just fantasy!

(Somewhere in America, an Editor snorks away in his study, spinning a golden globe and holding a rather special pocket watch out for the cats to play with....)

smiley - magic


Maria

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl


Maria

Post 4

minorvogonpoet

I'd offer to do some editing in turn for a bit of research!smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Day of the Unread

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more