A Conversation for Burning Wood

Scouts

Post 1

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

I remember that time with the scouts (both boy and girl)when the fire brigade called us to check if we had everything under control. (We said yes, but only just)

The recipy: 2 meter stack of old pallets, surrounded by old plywood doors (as a chimney)

The result: flames went up to 4 meters above the earth wall of our camp fire arena (which was already man height). Only to be viewed from outside the earth walls due to the intense heat.

That was a good campfire if I ever saw one.

We also did smaller fires of the more natural wood persuasion. Those could last for up to a week after lighting it once. (someone had to sleep next to it to keep it going, which is fine if it's dry, but problematic in rainy weather (you have a wet back or a wet front side then))


Scouts

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Impressive fire-building! Our ancestors would be proud. smiley - winkeye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frFX_iUYQU4


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Burning Wood

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more