A Conversation for Bluebottle's Bridal Riddle: Answer

Wha…? [CLICK]

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - rofl Brilliant!

Great advertising copy - thank you!


Wha…? [CLICK]

Post 2

Bluebottle

It really is a book suitable for every occasion. Over the weekend I took it to an ashes-scattering ceremony. After Peregrin died he had a gate in his memory erected in his memory on the Isle of Wight and every year a group of his friends spend a walking weekend going to it. This year when we arrived we scattered some more of his ashes (to date his ashes have also been scattered in the Amazon and Antarctica, Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, Iceland, Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Idaho, Wales and Devon – we're talking serious scattering here) at the gate as he hadn't actually been scattered there yet, and then also read the short story published in the book – we each read a page and passed it round. That was incredibly moving.

<BB<


Wha…? [CLICK]

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Wow, this book is going more places than a smiley - towel.


Wha…? [CLICK]

Post 4

Bluebottle

Well, the book itself was only at the ashes scattering on the Isle of Wight.

Now I just have to find someone who is going into labour and ask her to hold the book during childbirth…

<BB<


Wha…? [CLICK]

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork You are going to keep on until you get arrested, aren't you?


Wha…? [CLICK]

Post 6

Bluebottle

…That's an idea – a photo of the book being held by someone on death row being executed…

<BB<


Wha…? [CLICK]

Post 7

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Only if they'd already read it...


Wha…? [CLICK]

Post 8

Bluebottle

Well, the condemned should be entitled to a hearty read as well as breakfast.

<BB<


Wha…? [CLICK]

Post 9

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Good point. smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bluebottle's Bridal Riddle: Answer

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more