A Little Night(mare) Music: Answers
Were some of those tunes tantalisingly familiar? Here are the names. Use them to show off to your friends.
- Fifth Symphony (Beethoven)
- Gaudeamus igitur (Anon.)
- Can-Can (from 'Orpheus in Hades', Offenbach)
- Hungarian Rhapsody No 2 (Liszt)
- Largo (aka 'Ombra mai fu' from 'Xerxes', Handel)
- Unfinished Symphony (Symphony in B Minor, theme from First Movement, Schubert)
- Toreador Song (from 'Carmen', Bizet)
- Reverie (Debussy)
- Minuet (Paderewski)
- Spring Song (Mendelssohn)
Schubert's Symphony in B Minor is called 'Unfinished' because it only seems to last forever…
Actual student response on a Music Appreciation final.