A Conversation for 'Terminator Salvation' - the Film

Peer Review: A87905334 - 'Terminator Salvation' - the Film

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: 'Terminator Salvation' - the Film - A87905334
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

This is a film set in the far-off dystopian future world of 2018.

I struggled with finding the perfect opening line for this entry. I didn't want it to be overly negative, but also I didn't want to give the wrong impression and inadvertently leave people thinking this is a better film than it is. After much thought, consideration and deliberation I have written an opening sentence which I think covers absolutely everything that needs to be said about 'Terminator Salvation' – the rest of the entry is just filler.

<BB<


A87905334 - 'Terminator Salvation' - the Film

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laughsmiley - ok

It will be good to see this on the Front Page in 2018, which I think will be doable smiley - goodluck as the Entry is looking good so far! Great humour smiley - evilgrin

I had a feq questions on first readthrough:

"It originally had been intended to be a sequel to Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003), set in the post-apocalyptic world seen at that film's end, had been written." What had been written?

What was the impact of the Writer's Guild Strike?

What is the relevance of mentioniong Jonathan Nolan?

What are 'practical effects'?

You mention Stan Winston twice and I think after the table is the best place to record the dedication.

" the future isn't what it used to be" smiley - laugh Well put!

Superb concluding paragraph smiley - ok

Sounds like there were some great ideas for what the plot of the film should be, but then they just threw all the ideas into the pot and mixed them in...


A87905334 - 'Terminator Salvation' - the Film

Post 3

Bluebottle

Thanks for those suggestions, I've updated the entry. smiley - smiley

<BB<


A87905334 - 'Terminator Salvation' - the Film

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

As this is a topical 2018 Entry, I shall give it another thorough readthrough now to keep it on the move smiley - ok

I think the mentions of the script could be made clearer:-

"The film was based on a frequently rewritten script that had originally had been a direct sequel to Terminator 3"
"Loosely based on the existing script," - which script?

I think the first Making Of paragraph needs rephrasing, rather than just deleting the words 'frequently rewritten' - as I read it it says the 4th film was to have been set in the post-apocalyptic world, but then C2 Pictures collapsed and Halcyon made a film that was set in the post-apocalyptic world...

I think the paragraph about Marcus Wright is the wrong way round, somehow - Christian Bale should maybe be mentioned first, and then introduce Worthington.

"The blue costume allowed the actor to be digitally removed and replaced with effects shots showing the Terminator's inner working mechanism. This brought the benefits of having a real presence as well as allowing special effects to make the Terminators appear unworldly and mechanical." - I think this is saying the same thing twice...

smiley - book up to the Review section...


A87905334 - 'Terminator Salvation' - the Film

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Continuing reading:

"Sigourney Williams in Alien" - Sigourney Weaver?

smiley - ok


A87905334 - 'Terminator Salvation' - the Film

Post 6

Bluebottle

I’ve added some explanation about the script and hopefully that first paragraph makes more sense now. I've also changed it so that Christian Bale's character John Connor is mentioned first, although that has meant completely re-ordering the Making Of section.

And yes, I meant that Blair Williams was a character inspired by Sigourney Weaver, not Blair Weaver was a character inspired by Sigourney Williams…

<BB<


A87905334 - 'Terminator Salvation' - the Film

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

Excellent, thanks smiley - ok


A87905334 - 'Terminator Salvation' - the Film

Post 8

Gnomon - time to move on

I haven't time to read through this just now but one thing jumps out at me...

Was WALL-E really first seen in the file Up?


A87905334 - 'Terminator Salvation' - the Film

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

* film


A87905334 - 'Terminator Salvation' - the Film

Post 10

Bluebottle

Good point there – I've corrected that (although the JCBs in 'Up' have the first appearance of the BnL logo on. 'Buy n Large' is the company in 'Wall-E'.)

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 11

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 12

Bluebottle

Oh dear, I've a dreadful feeling I'll have to write about 'Terminator Genisys'...smiley - blue

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 13

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations! smiley - bubbly

Well, if you could write this one up, you can do that one as well smiley - goodlucksmiley - cakesmiley - tea


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more