Ah, childhood. A blissful time? Not always, alas.
The Post Quiz: How They Spent Their Childhoods
Some famous figures in history spent their childhoods in unusual ways. See if you can identify who did what.
- This British writer spent his early childhood in India.
- This British naturalist lived on Corfu as a child.
- This US president spent part of his childhood as a POW of the British.
- This US president spent part of his childhood in Indonesia.
- This Royal Person rode in an orange crate as a baby refugee.
- This British actor's mother gave birth to him in a Sudanese hospital – under attack.
- This famous British political leader and writer learned to read from his nanny in Dublin.
- This British tough-guy actor grew up in a rough neighbourhood in London, and got good at running from bullies. His dad changed the family name from 'Smith' for professional reasons.
- This US tough-guy actor grew up in swanky surroundings. His artist mother used him as a model for a baby-food advert.
- This US tough-guy actor was born in Germany and took up acting in high school to overcome a stutter.
Choices: Barack Obama, Tim Roth, Bruce Willis, Prince Philip, Gerald Durrell, Rudyard Kipling, Winston Churchill, Humphrey Bogart, Andrew Jackson, Alexander Siddig.
Confused? Don't be: click the picture for answers.