Who doesn't like singing on road trips?
The Post Quiz: Travel Songs
Simple trick: Fill in the missing lyrics to reach your travel destination.
- Let's take a _____ to Quincy or Nyack. . .
- I've got a gal in _____________. . .
- Goin' to China or maybe _____, I want to see for myself those faraway places I've been reading about. . .
- There's a sunny little funny little melody/That was started by a native down in ________. . .
- I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of ________ . . .
- I'd like to get you on a slow boat to ______. . .
- I wish I was in Carrickfergus/Only for nights in __________. . .
- . . . Down in the Tennessee hills/Ain't no smoggy smoke on ______ ___/Ain't no telephone bills.
- Kissed her once again at _______, flow, Sweet River, flow/After that there was no stopping, sweet Thames flow softly.
- Hey you don't know me, but you don't like me
You say you care less how I feel
But how many of you that sit and judge me
Have ever walked the streets of __________? [Okay, that one's hard. Hint: Buck Owens.]
Geographically confused? Click the picture for answers.