A Conversation for The Banana Trip: Fake Hippie News from 1967

I'd rather have a muffin!

Post 1

FWR

Ah smoked bananas, memories from my misspent youth come flooding back!

On a serious and scientific note, bananas were distinctly lacking on the menus in the mental hospital I used to work at.

Apparently when the unit first opened the banana featured in all the fruit bowls, encouraging healthy eating etc. Only when hundreds of drying skins were found in the outbuildings did they become a prohibited article!

Not that you could get high, just didn't wish to encourage the patients (or staff as we never found the evil doers) to engage in "counter productive activities which may promote any underlying addictive tendencies"

Lighters and matches were also banned so I presume you can snort Mellow Yellow too!

Cheers


I'd rather have a muffin!

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl Boy, did that hoax have legs!

One place I know the story didn't spread was to the Baptists. smiley - laugh We always took bananas to nursing homes, along with other gifts for elderly people. They were appreciated, but only for their fruit value. Of course, once the hippie generation gets there, who knows what will happen?


I'd rather have a muffin!

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

We need a smiley in honour of this entry!smiley - laugh


I'd rather have a muffin!

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - laugh We do!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more