Create May 2017 Challenge: Build a Better World

1 Conversation

Create May 2017 Challenge: Build a Better World

May 2017 Create
I think that we could agree on what kind of a world we would all want to build.
Robert Kennedy

We all know the word that means 'an imaginary, better world': utopia. This month, let's challenge Robert Kennedy's claim that we know what kind of world we want to build.

Design your own utopia. What would need to change? What would a better world look like? Tell us about it in an essay, short story, poem, or image.

Or head over to Peer Review and add to the Edited Guide.

Write about:

  • A utopian movement of the past. What did it aim to achieve? Did it succeed, or fail?
  • An individual who tried/tries to make the world a better place.
  • A modern movement that aims to change the world we live in. What are its goals? How's it doing with that?
  • An invention or innovation that radically changed the world, for good or ill. (Not all utopian ideas are good ones.)

To make change, you need a plan. Before you raise another picket sign or don another pink hat, stop and think about the world we live in, and how it got that way. Write something down – you may be helping win the revolution!

Create


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87888181

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more