h2g2 Themed Crossword #2: Amateur Public Private Partnership

1 Conversation

A Rubik Cube

Back Despite Popular Request! It’s the…

h2g2 Themed Crossword #2 – Amateur Public Private Partnership by Icy North

This is the second in an occasional series of themed cryptic crosswords, but as we like to innovate, this one is neither cryptic, neither is it really a crossword. It is however themed, and consists of four related quizzes. All you need to know is written in the instructions below the grids. Good luck!

Part 1 - Amateur

Themed Quiz 2 part 1

Part 2 - Public

Themed Quiz 2 part 2

Part 3 - Private

Themed Quiz 2 part 3

Part 4 - Partnership

Themed Quiz 2 part 4

Instructions

In each grid, you have a set of clues, a set of part-solutions and a grid. These are presented in a random order. You need to:

  • Solve the clues, matching each to one of the part-solutions.

  • Next, rearrange the missing letters of each solution (i.e. the parts indicated by asterisks) to give a thematic name.

  • Finally, fit these names into the grid to reveal another thematic name (or names) in the shaded cells.

For example, if you had the clue ‘sorcery’ and one of the the part-solutions is ’N * CY’, you might solve this with the word ‘NECROMANCY’. The missing letters would be ECROMAN, and you could rearrange these into the name CAMERON. Enter this in the grid where it fits (you may have to choose between a number of alternative places)

Notes

  1. All solutions are words and phrases listed in the Collins online dictionary, with the exception of those for:



    "Winter-sweet" (found in the Oxford online dictionary)

    "Jest" (found in the Cambridge online dictionary)

  2. Names are surnames only, except for the one hidden in Grid 2

Competitions and Quizzes Archive
Icy’s Quizzes and More Archive
Icy North

13.02.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87884969

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more