A Conversation for Amy P's NaJoPoMo 2016

Amy P's NaJoPoMo 2016--30

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

The one nice thing about my schedule switching from being the afternoon aide to being the morning aide this school year is that I'm available to work extra hours now and then by subbing for people ('tis much easier to just stay a little later than get in earlier! Especially since I've made sure to have a stash of shelf-stable lunch things.), and I've told the senior school secretary that, barring previous commitments, I'm willing to stay later. I've some travel to save up for, after all. The last couple of weeks (and possibly the next 2 weeks) I've been an afternoon one-on-one aide for a new student. The student may be moving before Winter Break, though, so right now, it's a sort of until-further-notice kind of thing (originally, today was going to be my last day with this student). This is working out pretty well--the student and I get along well, and the student's teacher has said she loves the things I share on FB, 'cause they make her laugh. What's even better, finance-wise, is that when one subs, one gets the hourly rate of the position one is subbing for, instead of one's usual. So, for every full week I'm working with this student, I'm getting the equivalent of 2.25 days, at a rate a little more (less than $1 but more than $0.50) than my usual. Given that I normally get a grand total of 17.5 hours a week, that's a big help.

PaperKid and I have pulled all the fudge from the minifridge, and labelled everything we had labels for. We're almost out of ink, so I'm avoiding printing more until my ink order comes--it's supposed to arrive On December 2nd. Yes, the first day of the Holiday Fair... We have enough to start with for most of the flavors--I do need to make more pumpkin, lemon, and white chocolate. I also still need to make the peanut brittle! I can do the pumpkin and the peanut brittle without buying anything, but I'll need to get to the store for more white chocolate ASAP tomorrow. I need to check some other ingredients, as well...

Totally unrelated to the above, but relevant--I'm quite impressed with Firefox. Although there was a crash while I was writing about the teacher's appreciation of my sense of humor, Firefox came back with my text intact!


Amy P's NaJoPoMo 2016--30

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

That's great that you're getting on well with new students, and that the extra work fits neatly into your schedule (plus the additional money is a bonus!) smiley - biggrin

I second your comment about Firefox too - its cache has saved my bacon a couple of times this year after my computer crashed...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more