Tubas Rule!

0 Conversations

Tubas Rule!

Tuba player practicing in the car park.

We don't know about other countries, but all over the US, fall is when the tubas come out. And the big, bass drums. Also the flutes, trumpets, trombones, oboes and piccolos. It's marching band season.

No, it has nothing to do with politics. It's all about using the ball field during half-time. Some people go to watch their teams push that strangely shaped 'ball' around. The rest of us go over to watch the band strut its stuff and hear the happy noises. The band in this picture was warming up in the car park before performing in the annual band festival just down the street from the Post Office's US branch. So we snapped a sneaky photo.

Their performance involved selections from 'Pirates of the Caribbean'. And this was on Talk Like a Pirate Day. Is that cool, or what?

General Features Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

03.10.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87878399

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more