A Conversation for Writing Right with Dmitri: How to Become a Raconteur

Growing up?

Post 1

FWR

I've spent the last few days proof reading something I wrote several years ago - apart from calling myself a prat on numerous occasions for very obvious typos, the thing I've noticed is just how much my writing style has changed in a relatively short amount of time. The bones of the story are there for sure but there's a hollowness to the tale that would have me stabbing the delete button nowdays.

Obviously it's all your fault DG, I take far too much notice of writing right for my own sanity's sake....but as per last week, I shall saddle up again, even if the outcome is only pleasing to my new ' grown up ' audience which consists usually of , well, just me!


Growing up?

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork And me - I ALWAYS enjoy your stories. As do quite a few other people around here...

I suspect 'Writing Right' is like all these terrible loom knitting instructions I read. They're awful and full of irrelevant detail... But reading them gives me an idea, and then I figure it out myself...and then I write even worse ones for the Post, to return the favour...

But seriously: you're more aware because you're more in tune with your own style, which is supercool. smiley - cool Nobody can really teach anybody how to do anything creative. They can only point to the tools and tricks, etc. It's the writer, artist, or creator who does all the work figuring out what's right for them. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Writing Right with Dmitri: How to Become a Raconteur

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more