April Create: Sexual Relations

0 Conversations

The Create Team have invited you to share your ancestors' most outrageous deeds. So we guess we asked for this.

Sexual Relations

Neith Boyce Hapgood

An uncle of mine, I am told, was sent to a boarding school in the 1930s but soon expelled. He was caught in the bedroom of one of the female servants, by a teacher who was also in the habit of sleeping with the same maid. He had hidden under the bed when he heard the master coming, I mean approaching, but gave himself away by giggling.

His father had to go and collect him from the school, but he wasn't told the details of his offence, just vague bluster about 'dishonesty'. His rage against his son turned to rage against the school when he heard the full story, but it was too late for any redress.

My uncle was fifteen at the time. I never met him because he died in 1945 at the age of 22, when his Spitfire was shot down over the English Channel.

Create Challenge Archive

Recumbentman

11.04.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87870108

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more