The Post Quiz: Baking Quotes - Answers

0 Conversations

If we get the answers right, do we get to lick the bowl?

Baking Quotes: Answers

A finished, iced cake which had been baked in a silicon mould.

Did this quiz make you hungry? Here are the answers.

Fill in the blanks in these literary quotes about baking.

  1. Baking is like washing: the results are equally temporary. (Patricia Briggs)
  2. Out of love I made you a cake. Also out of milk, eggs, flour, sugar, and vanilla. (Jarod Kintz)
  3. Mrs Forrester ... sat in state, pretending not to know what cakes were sent up, though she knew, and we knew, and she knew that we knew, and we knew that she knew that we knew, she had been busy all the morning making tea-bread and sponge-cakes. (Elizabeth Gaskell)
  4. Pecans are not cheap, my hons. In fact, in the South, the street value of shelled pecans just before holiday baking season is roughly that of crack cocaine . Do not confuse the two. It is almost impossible to make a decent crack cocaine tassie, I am told. (Celia Rivenbark)
  5. Never promise to make pie and fail to deliver on that promise. (Kate Lebo)
  6. If you love peanut butter pie, you are either Dolly Parton or someone who loves her. (Kate Lebo)
  7. Love just doesn't sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; re-made all the time, made new.(Ursula K LeGuin)
  8. Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven. (Yiddish proverb)
  9. A party without cake is just a meeting. (Julia Child)
  10. Short waves will be generally used in the kitchen for roasting and baking, almost instantaneously. (Lee De Forest)

We're sure you got those all right. Think of those quotes the next time you pass a bakery – or your kitchen.

Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

19.10.15 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87861478

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more