What are you going to call your memoir?
My mother used to tease me that my autobiography would be called I Wuz Et Up by the Cannibals. (I have that kind of family.) All of these memoirs are currently popular with the reading public. The titles are intriguing, and I have to read that dog one. Seriously.
Here are the book titles.
- Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood, by Marjane Satrapi.
- Me Talk Pretty One Day, by David Sedaris.
- Orange is the New Black, by Piper Kerman.
- A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, by Dave Eggers.
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou.
- Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, by Anthony Bourdain.
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness, by Susan Cahalan.
- Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, by Barack Obama.
- Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog, by John Grogan.
- Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's, by John Elder Robison.
Which one are you going to read first? We understand the President's is pretty cool.