A Conversation for Beatles Biopics: 'The Linda McCartney Story'

Peer Review: A87856843 - Beatles Biopics: 'The Linda McCartney Story'

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: Beatles Biopics: 'The Linda McCartney Story' - A87856843
Author: Bluebottle Badge Winners Get In Free - U43530

A look at a biopic about Linda McCartney that can often be seen broadcast on those high-numbered television channels everyone forgets exists.

<BB<


A87856843 - Beatles Biopics: 'The Linda McCartney Story'

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Nice Entry smiley - ok

Please can you move the Plot section to be the first section after the introductory paragraphs? I struggled through the cast list wondering where they all fitted in and why they were in that order, but now I've read the Plot section, it is much easier to read.

The Plot section needs a few tweaks to make it clear who's who - the first mention of Paul needs to be Paul McCartney, and Yoko, John and Lee Eastman need just a bit more of an introduction. Why is 'Bruce Grossman' in inverted commas?

In the soundtrack section, what does it mean "'Kansas City' – fictitiously performed by 'Wings'"?

That always makes me laugh, that Public Schools are Private Schools smiley - laugh

Ah, I see now why Bruce Grossman is in inverted commas. That is really strange to change the names of people for no apparent reason other than to make the film more palatable to the US market, I presume? I think that is a major change to the facts, as people could get really confused by that, and it does change the plot in a sense, that people can't look up the details of Bruce Grossman's work with the Beatles, for example, but I see that the basic idea of the story that 'someone' did something factual is still there...

Haha! I didn't know about Paul's animation of the Wirral Squirrel smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh That's hilarious! Reminds me of the hours of fun we had in my youth looking for the Wirral Squirrels in the local newspaper so we could enter their competition smiley - biggrin


A87856843 - Beatles Biopics: 'The Linda McCartney Story'

Post 3

Bluebottle

You're not supposed to have read and commented on this entry! It was meant to lurk at the bottom of Peer Review for all eternity smiley - winkeye

I've moved the Plot to the top.

I think the change in name for Allen Klein/Bruce Grossman is a minor thing in this context, as the film's focus is on Paul and Linda's relationship, not the Beatles. So yes, a huge change as far as the Beatles are concerned, but this film focuses on Linda. Klein affected Paul and sent him into a depression, which had a knock-on effect on Linda, but he wasn't a central character to Linda's life.

I think 'Tropic Island Hum' is great – I recommend that you see the animation if you can, especially if you loved 'Rupert and the Frog Song'. (I always seem to write 'Rupert and the Frog Snog', which would be a different story…)

<BB<


A87856843 - Beatles Biopics: 'The Linda McCartney Story'

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Ah! smiley - laugh I do like how we can reorder the Peer Review list in Ripley so that the bottom entries don't have to lurk for all eternity - I think this will be an excellent addition to the Guide smiley - ok

Thanks for explaining how the name change is not so bad in this context smiley - ok

I do really like Rupert and the Frog Song - we had it on VHS and used to watch it at least once a year smiley - biggrin I shall investigate Tropic Island Hum smiley - ok


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 6

Bluebottle

smiley - wowHurray!

So, did you look up 'Tropic Island Hum'?

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 7

bobstafford

smiley - bubbly Well done! smiley - cheers


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - applausesmiley - biggrin

I did find Tropic Island Hum - it was cute! smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Beatles Biopics: 'The Linda McCartney Story'

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more