Can they go home again?
The Post Quiz: Famous Writers at Home
All month, the Create Team are asking us to describe our area's claim to fame. But some writers have put their localities on the map.
Sometimes, this has been a popular move. Other times, not so much.
Your task: to decide whether these writers were popular, or unpopular, in their home neighbourhoods.
Popular or unpopular?
- Washington Irving in Tarrytown, New York
- Erich Kästner in Berlin
- Erich Kästner in Munich
- William Wordsworth in the Lake District
- William Faulkner in Oxford, Mississippi
- Emily Carr in Vancouver
- John Millington Synge in Dublin
- Ernest Hemingway in Paris
- Gertrude Stein in Pittsburgh
- Charles Dickens in London
Know them all? Not sure? Click on the picture below for answers.