The h2g2 Post 02.02.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 2nd February 2015

Biting into the Goodness

A daisy with a bite out of it. You see that daisy? It's telling us something. Take a bite, a big bite. Go for the gusto. Reach out and grab the goodness.

Okay, that's a LOT easier to do if you're sitting where our photographer is, down in South Africa, enjoying the warm weather. The rest of us are freezing, cursing, and shoveling snow. Cactuscafe expresses our hemisphere-wide lament with her evocative image. We're hoping against hope that winter will go away soon. To that end, of course, the good Germans of Pennsylvania have set up an annual holiday, in which supplication is made to the Grundsau, or Official Ground Hog. Today, 2 February, is the appointed day, and Punxsutawney Phil will decide our fates, at least in North America.

So keep your fingers crossed.

In the meantime, our Contributors have come up with lots of stories to keep you entertained and your minds off the bad weather. Awix will tell you about the latest spy romp at the cinema. Willem will show you the daisy, and tell you all about the cutest little mouse, that rejoices in the unfortunate name of Fat Mouse. Nature is always interesting at the Post.

Our writing challenges keep everyone hopping. The January inventors have come up with the trihexaflexagon. Willem illustrates the instructions for bending, folding, and mutilating your mind here – and explains how you can use this device for time travel. Or could, if they hadn't lost the formula…oh, well.

In other challenge news, Freewayriding takes us to a distant battlefield. The landscape may be different, but the emotions seem awfully familiar…

To get you interested in all this genealogy business, we're quizzing you on famous ancestors. We've got lots of humour, plus human (and inhuman) interest in these pages as well. As always, we invite you to read, comment, and get inspired to write more.

Have a good week, and may the Grundsau bless your dwelling!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THE MOUSE AND THE DAISY
  • Fat Mouse by Willem.
  • Barberton Daisy by Willem.


TESTING THE WEATHER

FOLDING TIME AND SPACE

  • Flexagon instructions.
  • February Create.

TELLING TALES, IN AND OUT OF SCHOOL

PROMOTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
  • February Create.
  • King Tut likes Peer Review.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87844468

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more