The h2g2 Post 27.10.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 27th October 2014

The Witching Hour

Halloween castle by Tavaron.The season is upon us: ghoulies and ghosties and etc. We hope you have plenty of treats on hand, and a good, scary DVD in the old player. Awix says he isn't into 'modern horror', so we recommend this, or similar. Nothing like good vintage Stuff. Of course, if you want to be seriously horrified, you can watch the war film he's reviewing this week. Man's humanity to man makes the zombies look like jolly jokesters sometimes.

Speaking of Stuff, we've got lots of goodies for you. In addition to the holiday fun, suitable for enjoyment at your Halloween bash, we've got entertainment news, astronomy news, and just plain news. You'll enjoy the latest from our regular contributors.

Florida Sailor continues his popular account of a recent visit to the UK. What did he find strange and different, other than the light switches and street signs? Inquiring minds want to know.

Speaking of signs, Rod's back with one that will puzzle you. Spotted on a New Zealand street, no less. The Post roves the globe to keep you in touch with this odd planet.

Another place we go, regularly, is South Africa. This time, our artist Willem tells us about a fascinating tree in his neighbourhood. But he's also ranged further afield: that cute bunny is found in North America. It's a hardy critter, too. Bugs, eat your heart out.

Calendar watchers will not have failed to notice that November is upon us. You know what that means, h2g2ers: NAJOPOMO! Shout it loudly, journal proudly. The challenge, should you take up Create's gauntlet, is to write a journal entry every day for a month. Yes, it will tax your powers. But you know you want to do this. Your public awaits.

Have a safe and ghoulish Halloween!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

HARDY BEAUTY
  • American Pika by Willem
  • Fever Tree by Willem.


LIFE ON THIS PLANET

SIGNS OF THE TIMES

  • A funny sign.
  • The Anthropocene Era by night.

HALLOWEEN FREE-FOR-ALL
This material is not for the faint-hearted. You have been warned.

GHOSTS PAR-TAY
  • Paranormal inactivity.
  • Flappers at a Halloween party.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87839365

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more