Movies: a guilty pleasure?
The Post Quiz: Movie Spoilers
Do you enjoy movies? Sure you do. Is your guilty pleasure making mock of them? If you live in the US, you might remember Mystery Science Theater 3000, a TV show where a man and some robots razzed movies as you watched. This can be fun to do, even if the movies aren't cheesy.
For this quiz, match the movie titles to the snarky plot synopsis.
- Guy meets girl. Guy loses girl. Guy stabs girl's dad, girl goes crazy, commits suicide. Girl's brother goes mano-a-mano with guy, both die.
- The boat sank. Get over it.
- Man drops snow globe. Big deal. It's all about a sled.
- The shark eats just about everybody. The survivors blow it up.
- New psychiatrist turns out to be a crazy person.
- Mortgage or no mortgage, they have to get out of the haunted house.
- Guy proves that a De Lorean has more than novelty value.
- God knows what happens in this film, but Johnny Depp collects a lot of woodcuts. Frank Langella catches fire.
- A spaceship goes somewhere. A computer goes crazy. And then there's a big light show…
- Girl has boyfriend problems, even though she's a cool dresser. The South loses the War, but she still has man trouble.
- Gone with the Wind
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- The Ninth Gate
- Back to the Future
- The Amityville Horror
- Spellbound or the Ninth Configuration
- Citizen Kane
Did you know them all? Click the picture below to find out.Post Quiz and Oddities Archive
01.09.14 Front Page
Back Issue Page