The h2g2 Post 12.05.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 12th May 2014

Things That Bloom

A carrion flower by Willem. How's the plant world treating you these days? Are you enjoying the flowers, or do they make you sneeze? Personally, we love them, once we've swept all the yellow dust off the pavement from all those love-sick pine trees in the lusty southern US. As Willem's picture here reminds us, though, plants range from the beautiful to the beneficial to the downright strange, and we've got a bit of everything to show you in this week's issue of the Post.

Freewayriding's reminiscing about bluebells. Your Editor here takes a historical look, as well, about springs in old Germany, and the significance of asparagus. Bluebottle doesn't let the grass grow under his feet – he's off on his bike.

Willem's being wise, and showing us an owl. His heroine Narlesha is wise, too – or at least, crafty and brave. Enjoy this story.

The Usual Suspects are back with wise observations, as always, and there's enough humour in here to tickle your funnybones and, we hope, inspire you as you plan your next creative venture.

Where are you going this week? Were you planning to tell us about it? We like to hear, you know, and see your pics. You know where we are.

And if your travels take you past any unusual plants…why, we'd like to know. It's not called the Guide to Life, the Universe, and Everything for nothing. Speaking of the Guide, there are some cool items in Peer Review. Go over and look.

So, don't pick the flowers. Leave them for others to enjoy. Take pictures, they last longer, and send them to the Post. And have a great week.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WISE OBSERVERS
  • Giant Eagle Owl by Willem
  • .

  • Curiosity gets creative.


WISE ACRES

HISTORY MATTERS

  • Yes, we have organic banans.
  • Fairhope, Alabama's lobster sign.

FASHION SENSE
  • Science Fiction Theatre
  • LADEEE crashes.

GETTING OUT MORE
  • Bike ride.
  • A

  • A whole lot of bluebells.
  • .

FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87827764

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more