A Conversation for In favor of fair elections

A87824424 - In favor of fair elections

Post 41

8584330

Here is what I intended:

An entry that explained.

Here is what I did not intend:

Having to explain and argue and explain and debate in a PR thread.

It is unfortunate that I cannot have what I want, but I am so deeply gratified that Gnomon got what he wanted.

And as far as the entry was concerned, here is what I originally intended. An entry that did not get bogged down in nuances of competing ballot scoring methods too much while separating out the various methods of polling a population.

Under each method of polling a population, which I was calling a voting system, there can be several ways of calculating election results, which I was calling ballot scoring methods. Some terms are used inconsistently across the world, which adds to the confusion.

Although I have a great pile of math papers on the topic, I was trying to keep most of the math out of it.

So I was working on a second draft, adding a level of explanation, while still trying to keep it short. I was weighing separating it out into more than one entry when I got fed up with Gnomon dominating the conversation and providing Gnomon-centric answers.

I realize now that I cannot get Gnomon to change his behavior. I can only change how I relate to Gnomon.


Key: Complain about this post

A87824424 - In favor of fair elections

More Conversations for In favor of fair elections

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more