A Conversation for Writing Right with Dmitri - Old Tales Retold

couldn't resist!

Post 1

FWR

Mathew James settled into the plush seat of Delta 646’s 21.20 flight and readied himself for the final ten and a half hour leg. Just over twelve and a half hours ago he’d left LAX, a stopover and breakfast in Salt Lake City and then onto New York for dinner. The three and a half hours in JFK had frayed his already jangling nerves. He had another two hour drive once they landed to reach his destination.

Fifteen hours away from the biggest story he’d ever been asked to cover for Hollywood Tonight.

He looked up as John bumped his arm while he placed his well worn flight bag into the overhead compartments, John Marks was one of the best cameramen in the business and Matt was glad he’d been assigned to cover the story. Luke King completed the team as the AV tech expert.

“Glad when this jobs over” grumbled Luke, he hated flying, especially flying east, really messed up his body clock.
“Just think though man, this could mean Pulitzer!” John flashed him a grin and went back to reading about the Jacir Palace Intercontinental in the flight magazine. “Room service here I come!
“That’s if we get there on time, meet our guide and track down this star”
Matt had paid a fortune to the adoption agency when he’d heard that probably the world’s most famous (and single) leading lady was flying into the Middle East to adopt her latest child. Nothing new there, but the scoop was that this adoption would take place actually at the boys birth. She would be the first to hold the new born and he was determined he would be the one to report to the world the miraculous event.
“John looked up from the magazine; they’ve a good gift selection in here, what about taking the baby something?”
“Don’t panic man, I think I’m wise enough to be sure they have stores in Bethlehem!”
smiley - run


couldn't resist!

Post 2

FWR

was going to call them the King brothers but that would be too obvious!


couldn't resist!

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl That one is just great! I love the in-flight magazine.

We could start our own genre, here - Bible tales for the internet age.

Of course, we may attract a fatwah from the Religious Right...smiley - winkeye


couldn't resist!

Post 4

FWR

Ah Moses on his Triumph with his ten ipads? kind of thing! (ducks quickly)smiley - laugh


couldn't resist!

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl I love it. Divine online editing.

'Lord, the parser's broken All I get is Error in GuideML.'

'I am the LORD thy God, and I say ask Bluebottle.'

smiley - whistle


couldn't resist!

Post 6

FWR

In the beginning there was Word and god pasted upon it and saw it was no good.
Let there be photoshop and there was and all manner of beasts did he create.(eth)
and on the sixth day he created his Journal
and on the seventh day he went off for a nice cup of tea and a lie down.


couldn't resist!

Post 7

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl And got 10,000 FB 'likes' that did say, "holy, holy, holy'.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Writing Right with Dmitri - Old Tales Retold

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more