Oddity of the Week - The Latest from Paris

0 Conversations

October is Fashion Month at Create. I threatened them with satire and ribaldry. I said I didn't want to think about clothes. They said I was an old fuddy-duddy. Okay, I said. I'll behave. Here we have some ladies' fashion. From Paris, even. What more could you ask for?

The Latest from Paris

The latest Paris fashion from 1911.

There she is: Paris' top model, from 1911. Tyra Banks, eat your heart out. Oh, the elegance. Oh, the chic of it all. We swoon.

Okay, we'll let the Library of Congress explain:

Paris fashion, May 1911: fur and plumed hat.

Wait a minute! That's it? That's IT? Is that any way to write fashion copy? You need the help of that J Peterman guy, at the very least:

She's mysterious. She's alluring. Above all, she is a force to be reckoned with. The bold plumage adds stature to this imposing costume. No bird found in nature would dare to challenge her – not even the formidable cassowary.

The fur adds a wild touch to the ensemble. Men, if you see this cougar coming, run for the hills! She's loaded for bear.

Or similar.

I'll shut up now. Before I get arrested by the Fashion Police.

Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

07.10.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87812094

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more