A Conversation for ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Peer Review: A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 1

Deus_X

Entry: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha - A87809610
Author: Deus_X - U3691727

Wondering that nobody described already this.
So i will begin, and try smiley - smiley
Ideas and help always welcomed.
best regards


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

This is indeed the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Earth Edition). It was invented by Douglas Adams. But it is intended to be a factual guide, not a piece of fiction. It's ok to be humorous in describing things, but they have to tell the truth about the world.

The name ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha is a fictional one invented by Douglas Adams. The section of the Galaxy we live in isn't really called that. That's why what you've written is not in the Guide.

Try writing something, funny or not, about the real world.


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 3

Bluebottle

Hello - welcome to h2g2!

As Gnomon said, the edited guide is intended to be for Factual writing (although please feel free to write about anything, factual or otherwise, for your own personal use). This is why there aren't any articles on ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha in the Edited Guide (with the exception of an article on the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Fan Club of that name - see: A491672)

If you really, really did want to write an entry with that name, you could try writing a factual article about the significance of 'ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha', as used in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, providing some examples of when it is mentioned and what Douglas Adams' intentions are.
So the 'Plural' in ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha implies it is a plural zone, which is why it is later revealed that there are multiple Earths. This allows Adams to write about Arthur Dent returning to Earth, despite the planet being demolished. I always assumed that the reason there are so many Zs (the letter at the end of the alphabet) is to reinforce the image that Earth is located at the 'uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy' - in any alphanumerical classification system, ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha is going to be right at the back, implying unimportance.

Something like that?

<BB<


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 4

fluffykerfuffle


yes, but the Alpha implies ascendancy smiley - weird


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 5

Bluebottle

It'd be quite interesting to write about how different science fiction series view Earth and its relative position in the Universe, and what it tells us of the aims of the series.

Douglas Adams - his characters hitchhike round the galaxy and Earth is at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, at ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha.
Star Trek Universe - the crews Boldly Go and Earth is in Sector 001 of the Alpha Quadrant.

<BB<


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

We're not actually at the end of the spiral; I think we're about half way along. Isaac Asimov's planet Terminus (of the Foundation series) was actually at the end of the spiral. When you looked into the sky in one direction there were no stars.

It is interesting, though. In some series, Mankind goes out and colonises the Galaxy. In others, he goes out and finds the Galaxy already colonised by aliens who are not particularly impressed with mankind's arrival.


Removed

Post 7

fluffykerfuffle

This post has been removed.


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 8

h2g2 Guide Editors

Good morning, and Welcome DeusX to h2g2


As Bluebottle and Gnomon have said, your piece, in its present form isn't suitable for Peer Review. We welcome all kinds of writing, and have different a different forum for non-fiction, ie the Alternative Writing Forum here:

http://h2g2.com/review_forum/writing_alternative

You've got a few possibilities - one is to take your piece back from Peer Review and work on it to make it into a factual piece, the other would be to take it back and then send it to the Alternative Writing Forum for advice on how to make it more rounded.

You can also take it out of Peer Review and just write whatever you wish, for your own pleasure. It will still be available for everyone to read.

I hope this helps, and we look forward to seeing more contributions from you very soon.


Lanzababy

Guide Editor.


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 9

Deus_X

Hello and thank you for your Time and Help.
If anyone can tell me, how I get the Article out of the Review i will remove. I cant find any hint about removing, or i still to blind and should be search not at work for it smiley - winkeye

Thanks and regards


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 10

Gnomon - time to move on

There isn't any way of doing it in the system you're using (Pliny). You'll have to switch to the older system. Click on this link:

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/RF1

Then go down to the bottom of the page. You'll find a list of entries in Peer Review. There should be an X beside your one. Click on the X.

smiley - smiley


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 11

Dr Hell

smiley - whistle


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

Dr Hell! Welcome back!


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 13

Dr Hell

Gnomon!!!! Great to see you around. (And you remembering me moves me to tears!)

It's been quite a long time indeed since I last logged in...

But - not to be off topic - are scouts still able to remove threads from PR?

Cheers,

Hell


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 14

Gnomon - time to move on

Only the Guide Editors can remove an entry from Peer Review, other than the author removing their own entry. A scout can recommend that an entry should be removed, but they're generally not removed unless the author has disappeared for a few months, or when the entry is totally unsuitable. In the later case, it is important that the author understands why the entry is not suitable, as we don't want to discourage new authors.


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 15

h2g2 Guide Editors

As Deus_X states in post 9 that he is willing but unable to remove this Entry from Peer Review, we're happy to do this.

smiley - cheers

h2g2 Eds


A87809610 - ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post 16

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


smiley - ok

lil x


Key: Complain about this post