If you volunteer your time and creativity for h2g2, bless you – we mean that. You're worth your weight in gold-pressed latinum.
Maybe you've been thinking about it.
Maybe you're just wondering, 'What do those people do?
Here's a little something for everyone.
h2g2 Volunteering Is…
- Volunteering means you can always tell your neighbour, 'I just heard from my friend in _____ [Name of exotic locale], and it's snowing (raining, hailing, earthquaking) there. ' You're in the know.
- Volunteering means you never have to worry that your email inbox will be empty when you turn on the computer.
- Volunteering means you'll hear the latest jokes first. And then pretend to laugh when you hear them again.
- Volunteering means your work is never done. Just when you've got one assignment to bed, somebody will email you with a new idea. You will groan and say, 'How clever you are!'
- Volunteering means your friends are all over the world. You can never get it all done at once, because they are, pick one: five hours ahead of you, ,three hours behind you, somewhere in the middle of tomorrow. Patience is required. It's not snail-mail, but sometimes, believe it or not, they're sleeping.
- Volunteering means occasionally having to say you're sorry. (If you don't get that reference, ask somebody old who was around in the 1970s.)
- Volunteering means you see the internet in a new way. Instead of saying, 'Oh, cool! A new app!', you ask, 'How will this benefit h2g2.com?'
- Volunteering means being happy to find new usernames among the posts. After all, every new user is a future volunteer.
- Volunteering means a chance to appreciate those people you've been chatting with for the last 14 years in a whole new way.
- Volunteering means remembering to say, 'Thank you.' THANK YOU to all volunteers.