14 Entries Well Worth Reading

0 Conversations


This collection of Entries features a further selection of the most read content on h2g2. They reach this elevated status by figuring highly in google search returns, or they may have a link from a well-used site, such as wikipedia. Some of the others deserve to be read more frequently, and have been recommended by various people.

Titivillus - the Typo Demon - Titivillus works on behalf of

Lucifer, or Satan and in the Middle Ages loved to introduce errors into a scribe's work.

The Mundaneum - a Universal Catalogue of All the World's

Knowledge
- a steampunk internet.

Australian Huntsman Spiders - The 'Aussie Tarantula': they're big. And hairy. And really big.

Who Does What in the Theatre - Who are the gallant men and women who propagate the mystery of theatre?

Why Mosquitoes Must Die - More die every year from mosquito bites than the bites of all other beasts put together

Animal SexA <br/>
<br/>
pair of mating tortoises.

Birds do it, bees do it,

Even sentimental fleas do it!

Let's do it, let's fall in love

- Cole Porter


Newsgroup Discussions "Online, hierarchically-organised, distributed discussion groups, sorted by subject" - Remember them?

The Wick End of Candles at the Close of a Long Night (UG)



- 'Open the jar and let the memories all come tumbling out'. A personal remembrance of Belfast in the 70s.

Waterloo Teeth: A History of Dentures -Teeth plundered from battlefields were the most highly prized of all. Why?

Lost Treasures of Pennsylvania, USA - There's gold in the hills, the X that marked these spots is now long lost too.

The Mystery of the Sweet Potato - The enigma of how a plant native to S America arrived in Polynesia circa 300AD

Colours of Wildlife Archive - Willem's fabulous artwork and writing. Impossible to select just one, as they are all equally outstanding.

Lithops - Living Stones - One of our many beautifully written Entries that have been used as references by Wikipedia.

Surviving Being Eaten by a Whale - Urban myth? Possibly, but maybe this might help you out of a tight spot.

Animation showing whale ramming fishing boat, eating fisherman and then fisherman travelling down into whale's belly and surviving!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87792132

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more