Venerable Researchers: Introduction Teaser

1 Conversation

Venerable Researchers

As everyone is most likely aware by now, h2g2 is 14 years old! What fewer people may realize is that there are several active researchers who also will be turning 14 before h2g2's next birthday1, with activity levels ranging from mostly lurking to making us wonder if they have a life outside h2g22. Now, when I started all this, I was expecting to present the interview like a panel: one set of questions, and the interviewees answering in turn. Then again, at the time, I was thinking I'd have roughly half a dozen interviewees. Then I went hunting for vict… um, people to interview. So now, The Post has a new series, and you, dear readers, will get to know some maybe-new-to-you people3, find new things to read, and maybe even find new corners of this great big world called h2g2.

I will be presenting the interviews in Unumber order, starting next week. To hold you over until then, here are some quotes from everyone4:

  • There was a thing with meatballs…
  • It was a long time ago and it feels like it was a galaxy far far away as well
  • I helped colour you in at a Glasgow meet once, I think we gave you green hair (made out of lettuce if I remember correctly).
  • Hmm - let me check that - my automatic answer is 1998 - but that can't be right…
  • A gyrocopter shaped like a penguin.
  • Wait, could I change my last answer?
  • The internet was made for h2g2!
  • *pokes Amy*
  • How will I make my fortune?
  • The present ownership, which I have every confidence in.
  • The Post seemed to do a lot of encouraging writing. smiley - winkeye
  • One, two, many, lots.
  • I now have 42.
  • I have, but I’m still quite clueless.
  • That one, but I prefer the unedited version
  • See, it pays to register your software!
  • Darn you and your mufflewhumps!
  • Oh look! Squirrel!
  • One, flopped over in a puddle of beer, completely and utterly laminated.
  • When I go back and look at most of the stuff I've written, it's crap.
  • Why does the McLaren MP4-12C outperform the Ferrari 458 Italia so handily when they are so similar on paper?
  • Not really - even SEx is slow these days.

There. A nice random list of quotes5. Nope, I'm not going to say who said what, nor what the question was, though interviewees may be able to guess…

The Venerable Researchers Archive

Amy

29.04.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1A lot more than I thought when I had this brilliant idea for an interview for The Post that I thought someone else would write. But you're stuck with mesmiley - evilgrin2Of course!3Over half of 42!4There may end up being more interview than quotes here: these are just from what came in before I had to submit to make my deadline.5I went straight down my Inbox, if you must know6.6Or even if you don't

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87791665

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more