The h2g2 Post 15.04.13

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 15th April 2013

All Roads Lead to h2g2

Drama reconstruction of a Roman legion on the march in Britain.

This week, the Post goes retro on you. No, we're not having a zoot suit revival. Really retro, like tardis stuff. To celebrate the fact that Quintus Sertorius is on the Front Page, and that we're still doing our travel challenge, we've decided to put all the headers in Latin. Break out your dictionaries.

Or cheat, and read the footnotes.

After all, all roads lead to Rome, and Pastey's just been there, so it must be interesting. He'll be telling us about it one of these days. In the meantime, navigate through these articles.

Speaking of navigation, there's a brand-new board game here. Print it out, play it with your friends over libations – which is Latin for 'pan galactic gargle blasters'. All of the squares are entries in the Edited Guide. With 14 years' worth of travel information, there was plenty to choose from.
14 years, folks. That's the birthday we'll be celebrating on 28 April. Wow. How time flies when you're having fun. If you've got anything to say about it – photos, art, reflections, anecdotes to share – you know where to send them. We'd be honoured. Or make a resolution to write another Guide Entry in honour of the day.

Speaking of travel, if you've done any, or want to share some memories, or just have advice for hitchhikers, remember the April Create travel challenge. The board game might help get your juices flowing. Or hunt around with the Search button, and say, 'Hey! They haven't covered my favourite place yet!'

Stay out of trouble, if you can. Greet a new Researcher and try to explain this site. Send Stuff, and enjoy your week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

FRENA PRO FERIS TENEO1
  • Hippo yawning.
  • Mountain aloes.

FAC UT GAUDEAM2


 
  • Wonder bra, my eye.

VENI, VIDI, SCRIPSI3


 
  • Earth.
  • Writing right

 
CREDO QUIA ABSURDAM EST4
ILIUD ITERUM DICERE POTES!5
  • The life raft that saved Eddie Rickenbacker.
  • Jack Russell terrier.

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1I brake for animals.2Make my day.3I came, I saw, I wrote a Guide Entry.4I believe it because it's weird.5You can say that again.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87786805

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more