A Conversation for 24 Lies a Second: I Elected An Axe Murderer

The whole title thing

Post 1

SiliconDioxide

Thankyou, first, for explaining to me one of the options in a recent poll on slashdot.org (favourite vampire hunters).

On the title thing, the first obvious quibble is over who is to say that a title is particularly worthy of protection? Do you want to protect all of the one word titles plus anything that quotes literature? Where would it all end?

I'm a one for forgiving almost any rendition, good title or no, so long as I don't pay to see it and I can go to bed half way through if it so suits me. My personal bugbear with titles is the re-use, verbatim, of titles for re-makes. There is one Italian Job, one Psycho, one Lady Killers and only one Star Wars Where Solo Shoots First. I always regret that momentary excitement of finding an old favourite in the schedules, only to realise (sometimes too late) that it is a watery remake. In fact, I think it should be entirely up to the audience to provide films with their titles - films could be released purely with a serial number and, if they flop, need never use up a collection of words in title-space. Who could better "Three Grumpy Teenagers Go Camping" for example? Some regulation might become essential of course to avoid confusion, for example, Romancing The Stone With Blue People (Avatar) which could possibly get confused with Smurfs vs Impressionists.


The whole title thing

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

It's funny. I'm playing a game which features scenes from Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Slayer. I thought the title was really stupid, and I wasn't aware there is actually a film until I read your review. smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 24 Lies a Second: I Elected An Axe Murderer

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more