A Conversation for The h2g2 Post 13.08.12

Not just Oxford

Post 1

Awix

As far afield as Bristol ('ello my lover) in recent weeks. Back in Oxford now though. smiley - erm


Not just Oxford

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - laugh Glad you're back home, you globe-trotter.


Not just Oxford

Post 3

Awix

I admit that Oxford to Bristol and back doesn't really compare with other adventures like Japan to Sri Lanka by way of Italy and Kyrgyzstan, but it makes it a lot easier to get to the pictures.


Not just Oxford

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl I'm imagining a cinema in Kyrgyzstan.


Not just Oxford

Post 5

Awix

Well, obviously, they're not *that* dissimilar, except there's a bit more use of DVD projectors and any idea of a certification system can go hang...


Not just Oxford

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - laugh I remember cinemas in Romania. Old copies of films, with two sets of subtitles, one running along the side, because it was in an Asian script...


Not just Oxford

Post 7

Awix

They used to occasionally be down the side on films showing in Japan - more usually with art house films, as I recall. No idea why that should be.


Not just Oxford

Post 8

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

You got me, I can't read Japanese. smiley - laugh Maybe they just found it more convenient?


Not just Oxford

Post 9

Awix

Hey, that would be more natural for them, wouldn't it? Good thinking that man.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The h2g2 Post 13.08.12

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more