A Conversation for National Cycle Route 24: Part 1 - Introduction

National Cycle Route 24

Post 1

Bluebottle

I've cycled the Eastleigh to Romsey and back section of National Cycle Route 24, and pass the Eastleigh end of the route each day when cycling to and from work.
It's a pity there isn't a marker or something to state when you have reached the end. Something simple, like <-- Bath X Miles would do.

<BB<


National Cycle Route 24

Post 2

AlexAshman


I get the impression there's still a lot of signposting and refining of the route to be done, though the Open Cycle Map route is almost continuous.

Perhaps you could help me with the Romsey to Eastleigh section once I get that far. smiley - smiley


National Cycle Route 24

Post 3

Bluebottle

Yes, I'll be happy to help with that bit. That section (when I went last summer) was reasonably well signposted until just before Romsey, but there was no signage from Romsey onwards that I could see.

<BB<


National Cycle Route 24

Post 4

Bluebottle

In fact, on the way home today I cycled the first few yards of National Cycle Route 24 (through Fleming Park) in honour of this very article.

<BB<


National Cycle Route 24

Post 5

AlexAshman


smiley - cool


National Cycle Route 24

Post 6

Bluebottle

On Saturday as a warm up I cycled from Salisbury to Eastleigh, and it's actually well signposted. I only got confused on the A37 outside Salisbury, not sure which side of the road I was supposed to be on (as there were cyclepaths) but other than that made it quite easily from Salisbury Station to Fleming Park in under three hours.

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for National Cycle Route 24: Part 1 - Introduction

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more