I saw the flight of the first autogiro. ..

0 Conversations

I saw the flight of the first autogiro at Le Touquet in northern France when I was five.

As I am now nearly 84, and as a result of several strokes am busily doing brain exercises every day in order to heol me remain my own persona for as long as possible, the fadt that this morning, I remembered this marvellous occasion.. and then it disappeared.. is slightly uppsetting. amyway, once I get the nag of what to do, at least I should be able to edit my typing errors.

I came to my computer ro write about it, had written about a quarter of it when "whoops" it disappearered. It is sad, because added to my problems, my sight is disappearing fast. and how I have to start again.

I can only write about reality. I have absolutely no imagination, so basically if I am writing, the subject actually has to be about something that I have experienced.

So please, whoever edits this,please tell me how to retreive my entry! Thank yyou. !!

have now forgotten the name of the pilot of the first autogiro, so will have to go and try to remember it with the help of Wikipedi. There is a photograph (which I now realise I cannot even share with you!!) of ne gazing at this strange contraption, completely ignoring the fact that mt darling Papa was talking to Mermoz - that wonderful French pilot, so tragically lost whilst flying on the first postal service between ~Toulouse and l'amerique du Sud. Annother of the pilots on this same airline service was Antoine de Saint Euxpery. What a wonderful group of Manhood at the beginning of the last century. . !! O ,ist do do my memory exercises again and then try and complete this wonderful memory of my childhood in France with my much loved Grandpere, Grandmere and Papa and Maman.
Ah well, I suppose that it is my fualt it generally is now.. ,

AlsoRan83
Friday 4th May, 2012 16.39 GMT

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87757230

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more