A Conversation for Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Peer Review: A87751948 - Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 1

AlexAshman

Entry: Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again! - A87751948
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

Author - Bluebottle U43530
Subeditor - Tufty U566116

A87751975 - The Pink Panther Films
A87751984 - The Pink Panther
A87751993 - A Shot In The Dark
A87752000 - Inspector Clouseau
A87752019 - The Return of the Pink Panther
A87752028 - The Pink Panther Strikes Again
A87752037 - Revenge of the Pink Panther
A87752046 - Trail of the Pink Panther
A87752055 - Curse of the Pink Panther
A87752064 - Son of the Pink Panther

Please reference the entry name/number and the section to which you are referring. Thanks for your comments smiley - smiley


A87751948 - Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 2

bobstafford

This is a new area interesting smiley - ok


A87751948 - Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 3

AlexAshman


smiley - boing



smiley - boingsmiley - boing*splash*


A87751948 - Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 4

Vip

Oh gods, what am I doing... *plunges in headfirst*

Catch me on the other side, will you? smiley - smooch

smiley - fairy


A87751975 - The Pink Panther Films
-----------
smiley - biro"Although he is disintegrated,"
-Huh? I thought he was holding the world to ransom... did he miss, or something??!

smiley - biroFootnote 4 - spelling of jealous fage EDIT: hang on, just got the the dictionary part. Now I get it. smiley - smiley

smiley - biro"The Pink Panther jewel itself appears in The Pink Panther, The Return of the Pink PantherTrail of the Pink Panther and Curse of the Pink Panther,"
-Just missing a space there

smiley - biroFootnote 6 - spelling of musketeers

smiley - biro"In 1962 appeared in The Pink Panther "
-In 1962 he appeared

smiley - biro"It was the last film that both Blake Edwards and conductor Henry Mancini made."
-You've called Mancini the composer before, not the conductor.



A87751984 - The Pink Panther
-----------

smiley - star"..perform as the The Wise Old Bird in the radio series.."
-That's just what I thought when I saw his name. smiley - laugh

smiley - biro"Photographs of Claudia Cardinale taken in 1963 from around the time of The Pink Panther's production appeared in early fold-out of Bob Dylan's 1966 Blonde On Blonde album, but from 1968 onwards these were edited out for legal reasons."
-I don't think this is relevant to this Entry (and Entry on her, yes, just not this one. smiley - smiley).

smiley - biroModel Capucine - why is this person's first name not in the table? Or is 'Capucine' their stage name, and model their job description? EDIT: this is explained later. I would leave out the word 'model' where it first occurs though to prevent confusion, as you've explained it later on.

smiley - biro"His work for The Pink Pantherwas, in 1965..."
- missing a space

smiley - biro"...be used in the Pink Panthercartoon..."
- missing a space



A87751993 - A Shot In The Dark
-----------

smiley - biroFootnote 9 - I think you have an extra space at the beginning

smiley - biro"Mirisch Corporation figures would feature in the Inspectorcartoon shorts made by Depatie- Freleng"
- missing a space
- extra space after the hyphen

smiley - biro"Inspector Clouseau and his lover, Maria Gambrellia, are pushed into a fountain by Cato."
-All the other bullet points say how they link into the other films.

smiley - biro"Clouseau is defecated upon by his first, a crow."
- by his first -bird-



A87752000 - Inspector Clouseau
-----------

smiley - biro"The script by Panther newcomers the Waldmans is inventive, despite the leader of the robbers being called 'Steele'."
-Why is this not inventive?

smiley - biro Several of your Connections bullet points don't mention how they connect to the other films.


A87752019 - The Return of the Pink Panther
-----------
smiley - biro"'the Fat Man'"
-Should The be capitalised, or the inverted comma moved to the word Fat?

smiley - biro"Peter Sellers would later move to Gstaad with his fourth wife, Lynn Frederick in 1979."
If this information is to be included (which I don't know if it's really necessary) I don't think it belongs in this section.

smiley - biro"however this allows the film to be both a tense crime drama in the Clouseau half and a comedy in the Lytton half."
-Is this the right way around? I haven't seen the film, but I assume that the Clouseau half would be the comedy half.

smiley - biro"Cato and Clouseau fight in slow motion for the first time."
-Which film is this linked with?


A87752028 - The Pink Panther Strikes Again
-----------

smiley - biro The deleted scenes section is fine, but earlier you mention several of these scenes in other places, which isn't needed because you go into detail here. I'm sorry I haven't made a note of exactly where, because it only jumps out at me now I'm reading the same information again.

smiley - biro"There are some weaker areas. The gay club 'Queen of Hearts' seems to be populated by every stereotype listed in the Book of Homosexual Stereotypes for Dummies."
-Don't change this line. I love it. smiley - biggrin

smiley - biroAgain, just check your Connections section.


-----------------

I'm posting this half here, because if I lose what I've done by mistake I will be one upset bunny.

*carries on with the second half*

smiley - fairy


A87751948 - Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 5

Vip

A87752037 - Revenge of the Pink Panther
-----------

smiley - biroIn the Animated Credit Sequence, could you reword so that both the first two paragraphs don't begins with 'Once again'?

smiley - biro"Clousea is again arrested – this time for wearing women's clothing."
-missing the u
-Also, again just check this Connections section


A87752046 - Trail of the Pink Panther
-----------

smiley - biro"Lugash has had another bloodless coup of Lugash..."
-Do you need Lugash twice in this sentence?


A87752055 - Curse of the Pink Panther
-----------
smiley - biro"Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis"
-I think you had capitalised these in previous Entries, but I'm not 100% sure.



A87752064 - Son of the Pink Panther
-----------

smiley - biro"He saw the semi-conscious princess being kidnapped but believed she was being taken to hospital, and the reason her companions were carrying automatic weapons was because they had been hunting."
-What planet is this film on???

smiley - biro"It was the last film that both Blake Edwards and conductor Henry Mancini made."
-conductor ---> composer

--------------

And there we go. smiley - puff

I hope it's useful stuff!


smiley - fairy


A87751948 - Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 6

Nosebagbadger {Ace}



You can have you gold star for an excellent piece of PRing (pronounced Purring) smiley - cake


A87751948 - Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 7

Vip

*purrs*

smiley - fairy


A87751948 - Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 8

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - book


A87751948 - Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 9

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

A87752037 - Revenge of the Pink Panther

"Russo's dress is an expensive Dior, which he wears to great affect in his crime wave." affect should be effect

smiley - tea

"The screenplay contains black and white photographs of the making of the film. The screenplay shows how much of the performance by Sellers was unscripted." repetition, suggest: The screenplay contains black and white photographs of the making of the film, and shows how much of the performance by Sellers was unscripted.

smiley - tea

"Curvy Valerie Leon" - is a description of her figure? Rather outdated, I think it's unnecessary.

smiley - tea

"Curvy Valerie Leon had appeared in many Carry On films as well as Bond films The Spy who Loved Me and Never Say Never Again as well as classic Hammer horror Blood from the Mummy's Tomb." ...as well as... ...as well as... needs rewriting.

smiley - tea

"He was also paid $750,000 plus 10%, and the film made over $100,000,000 like last two." you've not previously mentioned his pay so no need to have the "also" in that sentence. I find it a little difficult to comprehend the final amount, perhaps the way it's worded. Was Sellers paid 10% of the $750K or 10% of the $100m ($10m) on top of the original $750K?

smiley - tea

The header Animated Credit Sequence has 2 consecutive paragraphs beginning "Once again", can you remove the first instance? In that section you have "Inspector" and "inspector".

smiley - tea

"The Inspector is shot at, cut in half by a tommy gun, electrocuted when the Panther is disguised as a lamp, after which both he and the Panther become neon signs." = The Inspector is shot at, cut in half by a tommy gun, *and* electrocuted when the Panther is disguised as a lamp, after which both he and the Panther become neon signs.

smiley - tea

"and is hit with shadow of a mallet performed by the Panther" = with *the* shadow...

smiley - tea

"The two characters briefly resolve their difference while Inspector and Panther type together on typewriter for writers credits" "on a typewriter"? or "on typewriters"?

smiley - tea

"After being 'beumed', a still smouldering Clouseau accidentally sets fire to a police file, the Commissioner's bin and desk and sets off sprinkler, catching a cold in the process" = sets off *the* sprinkler

smiley - tea

Footnote 1 requires punctuation.

smiley - tea

"Burt Kwouk was arrested in Hong Kong during the filming. When his character of Cato ran out of the hotel and jumped on a scooter to pursue the criminals, the real Hong Kong police believed that he was stealing it." what a fascinating nugget! smiley - applauseLove it!

onto the nextsmiley - run

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva


A87751948 - Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 10

AlexAshman


I'll have a look through those later. Thanks! smiley - smiley


A87751948 - Project Page: Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 11

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

A87752028 - The Pink Panther Strikes Again

I must just say that this is one of my all-time favourite films. I bought the box set just so I can play this when I need a good laugh. This film is priceless for the enjoyment it has given me. Everything just seems to work like magic instead of being forced.

Things like: "The President of America is furious, calling the CIA, FBI and the Pentagon, determined to find out who won the game of American Football he had been watching before Dreyfus rudely interrupted."smiley - rofl

"Olga then falls in love with who she believes to be Clouseau, and helps him identify a tattoo on Tournier's body which led Clouseau to Dreyfus' headquarters in the gothic Mondschein Castle." mixed tenses there, change "led" to *leads*

smiley - tea

You have Lesley-Ann Down (many times) and Lesley-Anne Down in the cast list. It's Lesley-Anne. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001153/

smiley - tea

"At the time she was best known for being in film Pope Joan..." = in *the* film

smiley - tea

"Dick Crockett, who played the American President, was a friend of Blake Edwards." = Edwards'.

smiley - tea

"Peter Sellers' close friend from his RAF days Graham Stark returns,"
=
Peter Sellers' close friend from his RAF days, Graham Stark, returns,

smiley - tea

"Frank Waldman, who had written The Return of the Pink Panther, had already had a sequel in mind, which had been drafted when the The Return of the Pink Panther project was going to be a long 26-episode television series." is clunky, try:
Frank Waldman, who wrote The Return of the Pink Panther, already had a sequel in mind, which had been drafted when the The Return of the Pink Panther project was going to be a 26-episode television series.

smiley - tea

"Peter Sellers had had a heart attack shortly after finishing The Return of the Pink Panther; however after years of failure, he refused to let his failing health prevent him from being successful again." I would say "ailing" health there...

smiley - tea

"This film influenced many later outings, especially Austin Powers2– played by Mike Myers" needs a   between the close footnote tag and the –

smiley - tea

"In The Pink Panther Strikes Again, one of the assassins is a barmaid with weapons hidden in her bosom, ..." that's a male assassin in drag, but I'm not going to tell you how to reword thatsmiley - winkeye

smiley - tea

"Clouseau stands on the toes of the Fassbender household, just as he had in A Shot in the Dark" household? I think that should be *housekeeper*

smiley - tea

"The parrot in Queen of Hearts defecates on Clouseau. He was defecated on by a crow in A Shot in the Dark and a parrot in The Return of the Pink Panther." please link to A901964 on the word "defecates"smiley - ok

smiley - tea

"Inspector Clouseau, his lover, Olga and Cato all fall into the Seine as the film ends." that sounds like 4 people, so remove the comma after "lover"

smiley - tea

"Just as in The Return of the Pink Panther, Clouseau carries a baguette to his apartment and gets a funny look from the lady across the corridor." smiley - ok absolutely no words are needed to guess what she's thinkingsmiley - rofl and please link to A87767554 for visual purposes smiley - winkeye

smiley - tea

"The second song, 'Come To Me', is much better and, sung by Sir Tom Jones, would receive an Oscar nomination in 1977. Sadly, this song would lose to Barbara Streisand." I don't think you can say "Sadly" there, and I had to go to IMDB to look up what it lost out to. Try:
The second song, 'Come To Me', is much better and, sung by Sir Tom Jones, would receive an Oscar nomination in 1977. However, the Oscar went to Barbara Streisand for 'Evergreen (Love Theme from A Star Is Born)'. smiley - galaxyI have 'Come To Me' on one of my Tom Jones cds and when I hear it I see the scene with the ready-made double bed lowering from the wall [how DO those sheets stay in place?] and the lights lowering and the bubbles floating everywhere. smiley - loveblushSigh!

smiley - tea

"Clouseau disguises himself as Quasimodo the Hunchback, and is actually seen floating past Notre Dame while the bells ring" <--- unforgettably for me, the best part of this scene was the 2(?) nuns walking below who saw him and crossed themselves before scurrying awaysmiley - rofl

smiley - tea

"the hotel clerk whose dog does not bite"
Absolutely the best joke I have ever heard, and I can remember my kids falling about laughing at itsmiley - rofl

smiley - tea

"Omar Sharif plays a brief cameo appearance, having previously appeared in Blake Edwards' The Tamarind Seed." (brief but memorablesmiley - blush) I get that you like connections smiley - winkeye but I wrote up a film for the EG which Omar Sharif starred in, if you could work it in? A14116970 (plus there's also a Pink Panther connection, see F5007962?thread=3619177 which might make a fascinating trivia nuggetsmiley - towel)

smiley - tea

"Geoffrey Bayldon had appeared in numerous films, and had been Q in Peter Sellers's mock Bond film, Casino Royale" - strange, when I saw "Geoffrey Bayldon" I immediately thought you were going to say "most famous for playing Catweazle". http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063881/
I still quote him to this day. smiley - laugh

smiley - galaxyI am going to treat myself tonight and watch this film again, I'll let you know how many actual nuns there weresmiley - winkeye

onto the nextsmiley - run

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva


A87751948 - Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 12

Bluebottle

A87751975 - The Pink Panther Films
Most of the comments VIP has raised in Post 4 and GB in Posts 10 & 11 are simple enough to correct, so I'm only responding to points that are more than minor spelling or typo changes. If you have any questions, Tufty, please do not hesitate to ask me!
smiley - biro"Although he is disintegrated,"
He's hoist by his own petard! We could add accidentally disintegrated.
We need to add a &nbsp; to ensure there is a space between two things in tags, as otherwise the tags cancel out the space.
Oh, and Mancini both composed the music and conducted the orchestra when the music he composed was played. This is fairly standard for composers.


A87751984 - The Pink Panther
(Re post 4)
I don't think I need to add anything, Tufty, as you can make these changes and add a &nbsp; or two


A87751993 - A Shot In The Dark
(Re post 4)

smiley - biro"Inspector Clouseau and his lover, Maria Gambrellia, are pushed into a fountain by Cato." - All the other bullet points say how they link into the other films.
Could just add 'This is similar to the ending to 'The Pink Panther Strikes Again'


A87752000 - Inspector Clouseau
(re post 4)
"The script by Panther newcomers the Waldmans is inventive, despite the leader of the robbers being called 'Steele'." -Why is this not inventive?
It's a popular joke – 'Burglary by Robin Banks and I Steele'. I'm sure that I've read children's story with a evil robber called Steele, and in 'The Real Hustle' one of the hustler's alias is Ian Steele (I Steal).
Follow that Hearse is similar to Return of the Pink Panther
Survival of murder attempts re-occur in A Shot in the Dark, Return Strikes Again and Revenge.
Clouseau is arrested in A Shot in the Dark and Revenge

A87752019 - The Return of the Pink Panther
(Re Post 4)
Capitalise The Fat Man's The.
We could have the Gstaad comment into a footnote.
You're right, it should be the other way round, with the Clouseau the comedy half.
"Cato and Clouseau fight in slow motion for the first time."- Which film is this linked with?
Strikes Again and Revenger

A87752028 - The Pink Panther Strikes Again
(Re Post 11)
Most comments are straight forward to correct, Tufty.
"In The Pink Panther Strikes Again, one of the assassins is a male assassin disguised as a barmaid, with weapons hidden in her fake bosom, ..."
Re 'Come to Me' – out of curiosity, which Tom Jones CD is it on?

A87752037 - Revenge of the Pink Panther
(Re Post 5)

In the Animated Credit Sequence, start the first paragraph with 'for the first time since 1968' and delete 'Once again'

(Re post 11)

Again, most comments easy for you to correct.

How about:
"Valerie Leon had appeared in many Carry On films, Bond films The Spy who Loved Me and Never Say Never Again as well as classic Hammer horror Blood from the Mummy's Tomb."

"He was paid a fee of $750,000 plus 10% of the profit. The film made over $100,000,000 like last two."

The comments in Post 5 for

A87752046 - Trail of the Pink Panther
A87752055 - Curse of the Pink Panther
A87752064 - Son of the Pink Panther

I think are all straight-forward.

Thanks Tufty – just when you thought you'd got it all edited nicely, too smiley - winkeye If you have any questions for me, just ask.

Again, thanks to your very thorough hard work Vip and GB smiley - smiley

<BB<


A87751948 - Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 13

Vip

smiley - oribOh, and Mancini both composed the music and conducted the orchestra when the music he composed was played. This is fairly standard for composers.
-That's true, but it makes sense to use only one term throughout, rather than switching between the two. smiley - smiley

Good luck, Tufty, sorry for making your life trickier!

smiley - fairy


A87751948 - Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 14

Bluebottle

Good point - I think we should stick to only using Composer. smiley - smiley

<BB<


A87751948 - Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 15

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Just bringing this to the top of the pile, and thanks to all who are working on this project.

smiley - applause


A87751948 - Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 16

Bluebottle

Based on what has been said in another Peer Review conversation regarding a different project, I am under the impression that as Tufty has addressed all the points raised above, this project simply needs to have the University badge added to the top of each article and links similar to the ones at the top on the bottom of each entry.

When Tufty has confirmed that this has been done, as this has been in Peer Review for a week now, and all the concerns raised have been dealt with, it should be ready to be progressed to the next stage, which is Publication on the Front Page. (Since it is a project, it does not need to be picked by a scout).

If I have misunderstood, please let me know.smiley - ok

<BB<


A87751948 - Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 17

Bluebottle

That's



<BB<


A87751948 - Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 18

Gnomon - time to move on

I've started a Bluebottle avalanche!smiley - doh


A87751948 - Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 19

Bluebottle

smiley - yikes Now that's a scary image!smiley - run

<BB<


A87751948 - Inspector Clouseau, the Return of the Revenge of the Trail of the Curse of the Son of the Shot in the Dark Pink Panther Strikes Again!

Post 20

bobstafford

re post 16
That appears not to be the case some of my entries were not badged

http://www.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/A17974722
And 6 others.
http://www.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/A22550753
And 7 others.
http://www.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/A86206197
And 3 others.

Thats why I am doing James 1st and a set of related entries independent of the H2U system.

That and I thought H2 University was dormant as it seems inactive


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more