The folks at Create have issued us a challenge this month. It's called Living la vida local. They'd like us to write guide entries and fiction about where we live. They'd also like to see photos.
Here at the Post, we thought we'd encourage people to send in their photos. You can, you know – just pop your favourite in the email. To get the ball rolling, we've got a quiz for you. Just click on the icon at the bottom for the answers. Editor's note: Each of these places was 'local' for me once. I move around a lot, which is probably wise.
Local Oddities Quiz
Can you answer these burning cultural questions?
1. What important function do the donkeys on the Aegean island of Patmos serve?
2. Why does this sight fail to make people in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, call the emergency crews?
3. What is funny about this tipi at a petrol station in Cherokee, North Carolina, USA?
4. What is the other name for this state border?
5. When and where do you find skunk racing in the Pocono Mountains?
For answers, click here: