How well did you do? Find the answers below.
Local Oddities Quiz: Answers
Could you answer these burning cultural questions?
1. What important function do the donkeys on the Aegean island of Patmos serve?
A. These donkeys help with trash collection.
2. Why does this sight fail to make people in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, call the emergency crews?
A. That, my friends, is called a 'Duck'. Tourists pay good money to take these amphibious tours.
3. What is funny about this tipi at a petrol station in Cherokee, North Carolina, USA?
A. Somebody in Cherokee has a sense of humour. They know tourists may not realise that the Cherokee tribe lived in cabins, even in the old days. It's too cold in the Smoky Mountains to live in a tent like that.
4. What is the other name for this state border?
A. The border between Maryland and Delaware is part of the famous Mason-Dixon Line.
5. When and where do you find skunk racing in the Pocono Mountains?
A. Skunks don't usually race in the wild, preferring to take their time. The professionals go at it, though, on Columbus Day (the first Monday in October) in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, a town in the Pocono Mountains. The connection between Christopher Columbus and skunks has never been adequately explained.
We hope you enjoyed our quiz. Send in your local photos for upcoming quizzes.