The Brighter Buccaneer by Leslie Charteris

0 Conversations

The Brain Workers

Synopsis

The Saint rescues Ruth Eden from Julian Lamantia, her frisky boss. As his punishment he gets chucked in the Themes. Ruth tells the Saint the story of her life whilst being taken home. This includes how her mother was swindled. When she realises who she's talking to she asks for his help. In a cunning way the Saint cons the people who conned her mother, in the sames way.

Characters

The Other Saints: Patricia Holm

Ungodly: "Happy" Fred Jorman, Julian Lamantia

Others: Ruth Eden

The Export Trade

Synopsis

The Saint is hired to deliver a package. At the airport someone tries to relieve him of it. When he comes to Teal is there and explains what happened. The Saint tricks Teal into letting him keep the package and hads of to Amsterdam to sell the contents.

Characters

The Other Saints:

Ungodly: Deacon, Kate "The Mug" Allfield

The Law: Teal

Others: Charlie Milton, Van Roeper

The Unblemished Bootlegger

Synopsis

The Saint heres of Melford Croons financing scheme for people wanting to make money backing bootlegger. Whilst at Croons he meet Peter Quentin (this is the first introduction we have to this caracter) who explains how Croon swindled him with money he borrowed from his employers. The Saint gives him the money back to save him from losing his job. Then arranges to recoup this money and more from Croon.

Characters

The Other Saints: Patricia Holm

Ungodly: Melford Croon

The Law:

Others: Peter Quentin

The Owners Handicap

Synopsis

Having decided that they have never tackled "the croked angles of the Sport of Kings", the Saint swindles a dodgy trainer and his bookie with Patricias help.

Characters

The Other Saints: Patricia Holm

Ungodly: Joseph Mackintyre, vincent Lesbon

The Law:

Others:

The Tough Egg

Synopsis

The police have an unsolved case and are after the Saint. They here that he has threatened Max Kemmler. They contact Max to ask for his help to get the Saint but he decline. When the Saint does hold him up, Max is phoned by by who he thinks is Teal who promises backup. None appears and the Saint gets away again.

Characters

The Other Saints: Peter Quentin

Ungodly: Max Kemmler

The Law: Teal

Others:

The Bad Baron

Synopsis

"The Fox" has appeared and is rapidly becoming a renowned jewel thief. The Saint reads about Baron Von Dortvenn who claims he is unafraid even though he is looking after an expensive bracelet for an exhibition. The Saint then later helps a girl who is having a tiff with the Baron, and is told along with another man how to get at the jewels. ...

Characters

The Other Saints: Patricia Holm, Peter Quentin

Ungodly: The Fox

The Law:

Others: Baron Von Dortvenn

Table of "The Saint" Books

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A875261

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more