A Conversation for Wigs

Wigs

Post 1

Gomi Girl

Hmmm... I may need to add a comment. In my section of reality, wigs are not just for bald men, or men balding, but a fashion item to be worn at leisure. I'm guessing what you refer to as a wig we call a toupe? I am a great fan of wigs, of various lengths, shape, and color. I have also noticed that many other women like myself, in this part of the world, tend to wear wigs fashionably, as well as "wig parts" which we refer to as "hair extensions" or "extensions" for short. There are also "weaves", "braids", "falls", and "pony tails"... Any of which can be worn at any given time, but not combined. There are many tricks to wearing wigs, especially if you are the owner of a natural, full head of hair. You must braid or bind your own hair carefully, and arrange it under a type of constricting cap, and then place the wig over your bound and capped hair. You may use the aid of bobby pins to hold the wig in place. If you are not wearing the type of theatrical wig which actually extends in front of the hairline with a type of fake "skin" to be glued with some sort of spirit gum (like a bald cap with hair?) -- If you are not wearing that sort of wig, you may have to be clever in mixing a little of your "bangs" with some of the hair at the front and sides of the wig. This prevents a line from showing on your forehead. I have congregated with wig wearers at night clubs and parties, and other social occasions, and I have witnessed many bold colors and cuts in style. It seems that it is easier for myself and for those I've observed, to purchase a wig rather than invest in a color and cut that we may not like so much the next morning.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Wigs

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more