A Conversation for Kurt Vonnegut Jr

sirens

Post 1

christy

ever since i read the sirens of titan i've been trying to come up with a simplified version to explain it to my friends (people that i tell to read the book and am expected to come up with a reason), but it's so complicated that i find it hard to start. another man trying to create a reason for existence, mice, robots, it's all the same, but it's all so good and original. i try to explain it away by saying that it is genius and that anyone interested in genius should check out this book. it seems, however, that not many people are interested in genius and to them i say "ha!" for i have found a reason to get up in the morning, a reason to believe in something else. that reason is the simple pleasure of a good read. and finding that genius amoungst the pauper, the indescreet brilliance of a book on a shelf that fits in quite well on the outside, but on the inside is infinitelty more. well, finding the sirens of titan on a shelf in half priced books was my coming of age. it was the beginning of a quest to find more! a quest that led me to the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, that will lead me into more!
smiley - zen


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Kurt Vonnegut Jr

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more