A Conversation for H2G2 Leaving The BBC Soon!

So long and thanks for all the fish

Post 1

ivor moulton

I mainly access H2g2 via the internet at work. Its one of the few sites not blocked. Its been a real pleasure to use and has helped keep me going through a long 12hour shift. Thanks people Ivor


So long and thanks for all the fish

Post 2

Mrs Zen

We're going to lose a lot of people that way, and it sucks. There's not much we can do about it, but we will do the little that we can.

Don't be a stranger - do drop by from home or elsewhere if you can.

Ben


So long and thanks for all the fish

Post 3

Baron Grim

http://www.torproject.org/

This should help with those firewall problems.


So long and thanks for all the fish

Post 4

ivor moulton

The website "http://www.torproject.org/" is filtered under the denied category "Proxy Avoidance;Information Technology". If this page should not be blocked, consult your End User Policy then contact your local Help Desk. Please include a business justification to have this URL unfiltered. good try!


So long and thanks for all the fish

Post 5

Mrs Zen

*hah*


So long and thanks for all the fish

Post 6

Baron Grim

Try pasting this into your browser: https://www.torproject.org/

Sometimes the secure version of some sites get through.


So long and thanks for all the fish

Post 7

ivor moulton

The computer says no


So long and thanks for all the fish

Post 8

Alfster

Google the site then go in via the cached version. That sometimes works although when you then need to go through to another page it sometimes gets picked up on the net filter.

As the cache is google it doesn't get seen sometimes.


So long and thanks for all the fish

Post 9

ivor moulton

The website "http://www.google.com/" is filtered under the denied category "Search Engines and Portals;Information Technology". If this page should not be blocked, consult your End User Policy then contact your local Help Desk. Please include a business justification to have this URL unfiltered.


So long and thanks for all the fish

Post 10

Baron Grim

Wow...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more