A Conversation for Talking Point: Now and Then

no expectations

Post 1

SickPuma

Would the young me like the current me? An interesting question. You would first have to look back on who the young me was. Carefree, wild, energetic. The only concern I had when I was young was how to talk my parents into letting me stay out after the street lights come on. School was the only scheduled activity in my life and that was relatively easy. I moved from moment to moment not thinking about the future.
I can't really say the older me is all that different. Still carefree, with the exception of the bills. Wild, well along with age comes responsibilty, I can't exactly walk out of the 7-eleven with a candy bar and expect the clerk or police to be forgiving anymore. I still push the boundries when I can though. Nothing immoral mind you, I had a strong sense of right and wrong when I was young and that hasn't change. That doesn't stop me from taking on a new challenge or wanting a new experience. enrgetic? Well the knees creak, the back aches and the jumping over the back of the couch eveery time I stand up doesn't happen anymore. With a little planning I can ow do SO much mor then I could as a child. The only constraint is me decding to do it.
In summary the young me would look at the old me and think "What an old geaser" to with the current me would reply "last one to the light pole buys the ice cream" smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

no expectations

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more