Spook X

1 Conversation

Spook X

Firstly, I must apologise for all the Typos that appear in this issue of Spook X when I begin talking about the Typos secrets. Once I actually discovered the secret, I was infected with a strong dosage of multiple typos. I have asked the h2g2 post team to leave the Typos in to show the effect of the Typo.

Typos

As I said last wqeek, there was a short epriod of time where the Americans held the key to the internet. As stated in last week's issue, it was at this time that America began project Redbook. however, that was not the only thing they did in that short epriod of time. They also put a dangerous, and devastating, virus into the inetrnet. A virus which no filter can filter out, and which no program can be made to stop it. They called this virus: The Typo.

The Typo, is something so simple, and so common, then people just think it is natural - that they themselves are simply maiing typing errors. In actual fact, they are making no typing errors what so ever, however, the computer is creating errors at random.

The Americans infected the internet with a virus that would be continually transmitted through all forms of compuerised commjnication, whether that be the kinternet, e-mail, CDs, disks etc. All of it would be used to transmit the virus.

Even Microsoft was infected with the virus, which means that all new computers are now immediate carriers of the virus. This explains how even people without internet feel the effect sof Typo.

Now I know what you are thinking:

Why did America do this? Dn't they know that they would also be infected with the virus?

Well, there is a very simple answer to these questiobs: World Domination.

Originally, the Typos were to be used to transmit over the inetrnet to certain peple's computers only. Tje virus would then have a devastating effect on them and their work, documents, etc. America planned to use the Typo to disable the connection to the internet their enemies had using the Typo.

Of course, the Typo was only Phase 1. Phase 2 would have been to transmit another virus, hidden in the Typo, which would destroy the hard drive of the computer infected.

However, America only ever once gt to phase 2, with only one computer being infected with the hqrd drive eating virus. This was because of a security risk. You see, hackers found a way to hack into the messages containing Typos. This, therefore, released the Typo virus to the rest of the internet, and in time, everyone was infected.

Although this was not the Americans original plan, they have done their best to use this to their advantage. However, they have so far been unsuccessfulin finding a cure for the Typo virus.

There is also another worry for America. It is very possible that the message containing the hard drive eating virus was hacked into. If this is true, then in the future, there could be great collapse in the inetrnet as the hard drive eating virus attacks the hard drive of the internet.

And Finally...

Next week in Spook X, I will reveal the shocking discovery I made when searching into Project Redbook and the American beacons. Until then - thanks for reading this edition of Spook X!

spook

The Spook Archive

24.10.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A856307

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more