A Conversation for Have I Got News For You-The TV Series.

Sacking oneself

Post 1

paddy3118

I do agree that the program lost something when Angus was sacked.

But don't you agree that he sacked himself!

A large part of why I laughed along with the program was that it made funny, barbed, comment on public prats - often questioning their suitability for the jobs they had.
You can't realy have Angus back and laugh along with the program anymore - the hypocrisy would be blatant.

- Paddy

(But then again, if he publicly went through cold turkey, ... swore off women and drugs, ... emerged as a new man, ... Nah! Aint gonna happen smiley - winkeye


Sacking oneself

Post 2

Thin Lizzy

I can see your point, but personally i think there have been loads of people who have done worse things and the only reason they don't come to light until years later is because it's all hushed up. But I do agree that it would be awkward for him to return, because Paul and Ian are not going to let him forget this in a hurry. All the same, I miss him terribly and can't help thinking that there really hasn't been another presenter like him, interesting though it's been to see them try.


Sacking oneself

Post 3

Fraeya

what he did was really stupid but he is still better than this lot

i don tthink they are even trying to find a new one anymore, theya re just getting through everyone in the uk...


Sacking oneself

Post 4

Thin Lizzy

Yeah, when're you appearing, Fraeya?


Sacking oneself

Post 5

Fraeya

this week actually lol hey you and me should present it as a double! lol

is it me or have the last few episodes not been that funny, or perhaps i've just been watching the good old days with angus too much smiley - wah

i think they are narrowing it down a bit though, 3 alexander armstrongs, 2 martin clues, a few of that irish bloke who i cant remember the name of and er...2 boris's lol


Sacking oneself

Post 6

Thin Lizzy

Yeah, think so. The last two series have been auditions.


Sacking oneself

Post 7

Fraeya

who do you think it should be then, apart from the obvious?

i reckon alexander armstrong


Sacking oneself

Post 8

Thin Lizzy

Martin Clunes is good. William Hague is actually really good, too!


Sacking oneself

Post 9

Fraeya

yeah he was but the jokes against whatever part he was in (i cant remember lol) would stop after a while


Sacking oneself

Post 10

Thin Lizzy

Wait... we're talking about Ian and Paul here. Do you think they're incapable of milking a joke for all it's worth? Try looking at the episode the week after Angus was... [coughs] Exposed.


Sacking oneself

Post 11

Fraeya

lol yeah i knwo what they are like but they still couldnt keep up with the same joke each week becasue the audience wouldnt think it was funny after a while.


Sacking oneself

Post 12

Fraeya

i know we were talking about this a while ago, but i have found the longest word in the english languge: http://www.brainofbrian.com/facts-records2.html (no that's not it) it's about halfway down the page.


Sacking oneself

Post 13

Fraeya

im going to add another link no one is going to look at then

the terrifying reasons why american idiots voted for bush http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/3981669.stm

i like this one though:

I voted for Bush to usher in the complete and utter destruction of the United States. Sometimes, you just have to tear it all down and start over again. No one will destroy America faster than Bush. Go Bush!
Tim, Los Angeles, CA, USA


Sacking oneself

Post 14

weestevie_b

I agree with Paddy. Although doing stupid things doesn't have to mean you get booted off the tele altogether as someone who has become the pardoy the show just wouldn't work. There are lots of people who could do the job. The guy with the curly hair who was in some hospital sit com I thought was suberb.


Sacking oneself

Post 15

Fraeya

hmm maybe but all the jibes at him were very funny
i guess itould get to him after a while though


Sacking oneself

Post 16

Thin Lizzy

He was feeling pretty uncomfortable after that episode- It couldn't have gone on much longer, it was painful to watch after just 1/2 an hour and that's without all the stuff they must have cut out.

Have you looked at the link from HIGNFY a few weeks ago?

www.sorryeverybody.com


Sacking oneself

Post 17

Fraeya

ohh yeah i had a look at that site! hee hee, its very good. new sries should be soonish shouldntit?


Sacking oneself

Post 18

Thin Lizzy

If we're lucky. I hope Martin Clunes comes on again. I love Martin Clunes.


Sacking oneself

Post 19

Fraeya

i just hope they have stopped mucking about and got someone good! preferaly angus but i have my doubts


Sacking oneself

Post 20

Thin Lizzy

Did you see him presenting the Comic Relief version of University Challenge? Brilliant.


Key: Complain about this post