A Conversation for Keystone Corner

Charged extra for using the ATM?

Post 1

Bagpuss

And I thought the Canadian banks were evil.


Charged extra for using the ATM?

Post 2

Jimi X

smiley - laugh

I'm starting to believe *all* banks are evil...

In the US, if you use your ATM at another bank's ATM, they charge you twice - your bank charges you a fee for using the card and the other bank charges a fee for using their machine.

I have heard of some people that paid $5 in fees to get $10 of their own money. smiley - yikes


Charged extra for using the ATM?

Post 3

Demon Drawer

You meah they are charging you for using your banks own ATM at different branches etc. That is crazy.

A few years ago they tried to charge the Brits for using rival banks machines even though for years there was an agreement to share resources in certain groups customers were up in arms, questions were asked in the House of Commons and the result is we have loads of choice of where we can conveniently get out money, location, branch etc and at no extra charge unless you are overdrawn.


Charged extra for using the ATM?

Post 4

Jimi X

Yep. Crazy.

smiley - grr


Charged extra for using the ATM?

Post 5

Bagpuss

In Canada, they charge you for having less than $1000 in your account. Whatever happened to the concept of "interest"? I had to pay for my cheques as well.

*remembers when Barclay's gave him 25 quid and a free radio for opening an account*


Charged extra for using the ATM?

Post 6

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Most banks are good to the teens, because there marketing statisics says that people in there teens are likly to stick to the bank right though there lives, so just to get my own back I'm changinging banks once every 3 years .

I get charged for... having no money, having some money, having any arangment, not having an acount, having more than one, not paing in too often. I think banks are currently advising the goverment on how they can do this magic trick.

-- DoctorMO --


Charged extra for using the ATM?

Post 7

Bagpuss

Not having an account? smiley - erm


Charged extra for using the ATM?

Post 8

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Have you ever tried to cash a cheque without a bank acount?

-- DoctorMO --


Charged extra for using the ATM?

Post 9

Bagpuss

Ah, understood.


Charged extra for using the ATM?

Post 10

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

I know.

-- DoctorMO --


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Keystone Corner

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more